Re: Can we get any details on 4.0.4 Update for the Galaxy Nexus
ssracing411
Enthusiast - Level 3

The new-every-two price? Nothing against you of course, but we deserve FREE replacements.

0 Likes
shirke
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon still hasn't released it OTA, and I suspect they never will.unless we do manually download and install updates

0 Likes
joedfadfa

On Saturday, a Verizon store Cincinnati/Anderson Township had Galaxy Nexus running 4.0.4.

0 Likes
chadbordes

I would be totally down for that.  There has to be some algorithm of how they determine who gets phone updates based on how long you have been a verizon customer and how much money your account has generated over a certain period of time.  I am probably last on their list.  4.0.4 exists but apparently we don't deserve it.  I am frustrated because my phone just shuts off randomly.  Is there a way to manually install it or just have to wait?

0 Likes
nexus_truth
Enthusiast - Level 3

The update comes out based on serial number. Lowest serial numbers first. But Verizon still hasn't released the update

0 Likes
Williamsburg4me

I have been on the phone with support every other day for the past month.  I just need a phone that works.  If I had any options to change providers or phones without costing next months rent I would, but I am trapped.  Please Verizon, just give me the service I pay for monthly!

0 Likes
lights

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/05/29/galaxy-nexus-update-imm76k-approved-by-verizon-and-ready-to-rol...

This looks like actual correspondence from Verizon.  Promising?  Who knows anymore?

0 Likes
Can we get any details on 4.0.4 Update for the Galaxy Nexus
nexus_truth
Enthusiast - Level 3

It looks like the update will be available within the next few days. Verizon has officially posted the directions to update the Gnex. http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/samsung_galaxy_nexus_instructions.pdf

0 Likes
jakemcgraw
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also took note where you check the software updates under the galaxy nexus device support is missing as of earlier today.

0 Likes
MikeInATL
Contributor - Level 1

I'm also seeing info where VZW has approved 4.0.4 and published support docs for the new version.  However, the link you posted (and I've seen the same doc on a few other sites) is actually for 4.0.2 - build ICL53F.  It is not for 4.0.4.  Hopefully this is just an oversight and the supposed support docs really exist.

However, given their history and the huge mess they've made of this, I'll believe it when I have the notification on my phone.

0 Likes