Cell Signal drops randomly, no signal for 1 or 2 minutes
batorok
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the past couple of weeks, I've noticed that at times I will attempt a call or use one of my weather apps and I have no cell service.   At the top of the screen, the 4G will not be there and the little triangle will be blank. 

I have a an app called Network Cell Info Lite and running it shows that during those time periods I have no cell signal.  These outages seem to occur about 3 to 5 minutes apart and last for about one to one and a half minutes.

When working, the app shows my signal strength at home as about -110 dBm, plus or minus 5 dBm.  However, this problem has also happened when I'm in  areas with excellent cell coverage.

This is not acceptable.  If I have a medical emergency or a fire in the house or even a car accident while not home, I may not have minutes to wait for the service to come back on.  The signal has dropped at least 5 times while I was typing this. 

If I don't find a solution soon, I'm going to switch carriers.  Verizon used to have the best coverage and customer service and I did not mind paying a bit more for the peace of mind that brought.  But, in recent years that has slipped.  I have several friends who have left Verizon and gone to T-Mobile and are very happy.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cell Signal drops randomly, no signal for 1 or 2 minutes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your services are our top priority. We would value a chance to take a closer look into this coverage. Please, send us a Private Message to continue.

*Eli

0 Likes