Charging issue
Tamvolan

Every time I charge my Nexus, I have to pop the battery out after disconnecting the charger, or the phone will not go to sleep.  The screen will timeout, but within a second or two of going off, it will wake backup to the login screen.  After I pop out the battery and replace it, it works fine until the next time I charge it.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

Phone info:

i515

Android Version:  4.2.2

kernel version: 3.0.31

Build number:  JDQ39

Thanks,

Joe

0 Likes
Re: Charging issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tamvolan, we want to get this device up and running as usual. Was there any physical or water damage on the device? Was the charger being used the same one that came with the device or is it an alternate charger? Please keep us posted so that we can further investigate. Thanks!

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Tamvolan

No physical or water damage.

It doesn't matter which charger I use.  I use the one that came with the phone primarily, but I have had to plug it in the car from time to time as well, which is a 3rd party charger.  However, the problem exists either way.

One point of interest:  For the last couple of days, it hasn't been having the issue.  It was doing it for a couple of weeks straight, but all of a sudden, without me changing anything, it started to behave.

Did Verizon push anything out to my phone during that time?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Tamvolan,

Wow! That's great it's working better now. We didn't push anything out from our end, since the only thing that gets pushed out is software updates (and those have a pop-up/prompt that comes up on your phone's screen). I'm glad it's behaving though!

ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes