Re: Class action lawsuit regarding Android 2.2
tekkitan

mdram4x4 wrote:

No

I do not believe in frivolous lawsuits

if you bought a chevy and the changed it a month later to have a large engine/more fuel efficient engine.  would you sue?

you bought what you bought.  live with it.  if you dont like it there are ways to chage it.  put the new engine in yourself.

why do so many people feel they are entitled to things

You know how dumb that sounds, right? You are comparing a software update to a hardware upgrade. Maybe if the OP was wanting to sue because now there are dual core phones coming out and his isn't, and he wants to sue for an upgraded CPU I would agree with you. Your analogy makes ZERO sense.

The fact that it is known that Verizon is/was working on a Froyo update for the Fascinate and said it is coming for the last 6+ months is enraging. People are furious. 2.2 brings many features that 2.1 does not offer. We have a phone that can run 2.2 flawlessly YET we do not have it. US Cellular got their SGS (Mesmorize) about 6 months after Verizon released the Fascinate. Their phone has Froyo as of last month and is pretty much a re-branded Fascinate. My bet is that Verizon's stupid bloatware and Bing integration is causing problems and they can't figure out a way around it.

"Why don't you root?" I hear everyone say? Install Froyo yourself? Not eveyone is able to do that. I cannot do that because my phone is a work phone. I do not own it and I am not allowed to root my phone. Second, going to a Froyo rom there are features that do not work, such as MMS and camcorder. I use these on a daily basis for my job. There is no way I'd be able to flash Froyo and keep full functionality. Now there are apps for 2.2+ that I cannot install as well.  It's a continuing screw-over by Verizon for us Fascinate owners.

0 Likes
sandystorm

tekkitan wrote:

mdram4x4 wrote:

No

if you bought a chevy and the changed it a month later to have a large engine/more fuel efficient engine.  would you sue?

you bought what you bought.  live with it.  if you dont like it there are ways to chage it.  put the new engine in yourself.

You know how dumb that sounds, right? You are comparing a software update to a hardware upgrade. Maybe if the OP was wanting to sue because now there are dual core phones coming out and his isn't, and he wants to sue for an upgraded CPU I would agree with you. Your analogy makes ZERO sense.

The fact that it is known that Verizon is/was working on a Froyo update for the Fascinate and said it is coming for the last 6+ months is enraging. People are furious. 2.2 brings many features that 2.1 does not offer. We have a phone that can run 2.2 flawlessly YET we do not have it. US Cellular got their SGS (Mesmorize) about 6 months after Verizon released the Fascinate. Their phone has Froyo as of last month and is pretty much a re-branded Fascinate. My bet is that Verizon's stupid bloatware and Bing integration is causing problems and they can't figure out a way around it.

"Why don't you root?" I hear everyone say? Install Froyo yourself? Not eveyone is able to do that. I cannot do that because my phone is a work phone. I do not own it and I am not allowed to root my phone. Second, going to a Froyo rom there are features that do not work, such as MMS and camcorder. I use these on a daily basis for my job. There is no way I'd be able to flash Froyo and keep full functionality. Now there are apps for 2.2+ that I cannot install as well.  It's a continuing screw-over by Verizon for us Fascinate owners.

I never heard of anyone putting Froyo on their phone that the MMS or camcorder dont work, I think you heard wrong

0 Likes
Gonzo313
0 Likes
Gonzo313
Where do I sign up
0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

Gonzo313 wrote:
Where do I sign up

you cant, everyone is all talk.

no onehas yet to even retain a lawyer or file ay paperwork

or if they have they havent announced i here

0 Likes
sandystorm

mdram4x4 wrote:

Gonzo313 wrote:
Where do I sign up

You got that right all talkers and no one will fie a suit because it is a lost case before going to court, even attorneys will laugh

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

sandystorm wrote:

mdram4x4 wrote:

Gonzo313 wrote:
Where do I sign up

You got that right all talkers and no one will fie a suit because it is a lost case before going to court, even attorneys will laugh

well there was one guy that claimed to be a patent attorney, i think he quit coming here

0 Likes
sandystorm

mdram4x4 wrote:

sandystorm wrote:

mdram4x4 wrote:

Gonzo313 wrote:
Where do I sign up

well there was one guy that claimed to be a patent attorney, i think he quit coming here

Yes he probably knew he couldnt win and thought people would hound him so he is gone

0 Likes
tekkitan

sandystorm wrote:

tekkitan wrote:

mdram4x4 wrote:

No

I never heard of anyone putting Froyo on their phone that the MMS or camcorder dont work, I think you heard wrong

Okay... goto the XDA Fascinate forums and find me a Froyo rom that doesnt say "MMS" or "camcorder" listed under "Things not working".

0 Likes
watersh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, I installed EB01 (FROYO with the Verizon bloatware) with Odin and everything is working for me. 

0 Likes