Completely Turn off Data
coldbud98

Is there anyway to completely turn off the Data portion and still have the phone features to use? I noticed that on the Droid 2 there is an option for this, but could not find it on the Fascinate. This would probably help on the battery side of things if we could turn the Data off

0 Likes
Re: Completely Turn off Data
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

There is not a way to cut off Data on your phone. You can disable the WI-Fi to save on battery life. From the home screen, touch the menu tab; Touch Settings; Touch Wireless & networks; To enable / disable touch Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi is enabled if a green check mark is present.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The only Android phones on Verizon that I know of that have the option to have the data (mobile) network turned off are the HTC Droid Incredible and HTC Droid Eris.

I haven't played with the Droid2 much to know if the data can be turned off.

Hope this helps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JusMe

I too am interested in a feature that allows one to turn-off the mobile network (data) while still having the Droid X take/make calls.  There are a number of reasons for wanting this feature not the least of which is simple having the consumer right to control when one wishes to use the mobile network (data usage). 

Does anyone happen to know if this feature is supported by Android but limited by Verizon?

0 Likes
JJHan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have used the app "APNDROID 2.5 beta" found at:

http://code.google.com/p/apndroid/downloads/detail?name=apndroid-2.5beta.apk

This changes the APN names and thus stops data usage (WIFI still works).

Only the 2.5 or 3.0 versions work on CDMA phones such as the Fascinate.

This also works with the app "3G Watchdog" to turn off data usage when it reaches a certain level.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I came across this website that had few ideas on how to shut off the mobile network.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2010/04/30/how-to-turn-off-and-disable-mobile-data-connection-2ggprsed...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I use a app called GT WIDGET it works great one click and it turns off 3g Instantly.

It also has for wifi  so I am in control of which I use.

Got it from the Market it is Free

0 Likes