Re: Congrats VZW!!! Sprint beat you to ANOTHER UPDATE!!!
zombielove69
Contributor - Level 1

I agree people who buy Nexus phones get them for the pure Android experience and the faster updates to the os for Google's latest and greatest of innovation.You don't have to be a techie or nerd about it to know what the options are in having a Nexus device. People get the phones for those reasons.

Just an FYI about Motorola, they will be releasing the New Motorola X phone in a couple months across all carriers and will be pure Android like a Nexus, but won't carry the Nexus branding. Which means that it should have Faster updates like a Nexus since their won't be a skin on it like blur. I think I read that it will be at Google I/O in May, and should be out right after it. Google doesn't want other oem's thinking they are giving Motorola special considerations with the Nexus branding.

0 Likes
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

Heard that too, little bird has also said the X will come with 5.0. I would be gong ho for those, but I not a fan of those phones getting huge and the X is supposed to have a 5 inch screen.

0 Likes
DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

RAZR, I wound not take that device if you paid me.  Loaded with bloat and too thin to hold... Thickness or lack thereof is not a feature... Its a liability.  I'm not holding out any hope for a droid branded phone from these people.

>Edited post so it could still be posted without violating the Terms Of Service<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

Congrats to Sprint for still have a cruddy network. How about upgrading that instead of phones?

Not applicable

Generic_Username wrote:

Congrats to Sprint for still have a cruddy network. How about upgrading that instead of phones?

Because to upgrade the network costs money.  The upgrade of an OS is on Google.

DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

http://m.threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/wireless-carriers-put-notice-about-providing-regular-android-sec...

I absolutely LOVED this one.  Its reason enough to EXPECT timely updates!!!!

We are denied these updates to support an antiquated, crappy business model that provides Verizon with a 40%+ profit margin because they bleed us dry and only provide the minimum.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You do realize there is a difference between a SECURITY update and an OS update. If Android didn't update their OS but once every few years like PC OSes do you wouldn't think there was anything wrong with your phone. And if you think Verizon prices are too high you are free to go elsewhere. No one is forcing you to stay. As if a smartphone is a necessity anyway. My phone has ICS and I'm in no hurry to get Jelly Bean. And yes ICS didn't bring improvement to Gingerbread I doubt Jelly Bean would provide me with anything extra that I would notice. In fact since Jelly Bean would prevent me from using Flash on my phone I see it as a downgrade.

0 Likes
DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

Certainly... Ive been using windows for some time... But we have gotten nothing at all... If we got security patches (with vzw it'll be right after the monkey flies out... ) this might not be that big a deal... But AFAIK, the only way security is improved is by an OS update.  And I'm running flash on my 4.1.1 gnex... AND my nexus 10.

Oh and in case anyone missed this: http://bgr.com/2013/02/05/android-4-2-2-release-date-rumor-316362/    If correct we will soon be FOUR revs behind and come may... It'll be 5 when klp releases in May

locutus1701
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's not going to come at all. Verizon EOL'd (End of Line) the Galaxy Nexus. This means that Verizon will no longer be doing anything about it.

0 Likes
zombielove69
Contributor - Level 1

They have updated phones after EOL before, just today the Thunderbolt got ICS for example. My Droid 1 had at least 2 updates after eol that I remember. End of life usually means just end of them selling it. If they have discontinued updating it they better release back to Google to update it then, because Google will update for at least anther year or two more.

0 Likes