Connecting to Mac
nspellman

Previously my Fascinate would just connect to my Mac and would pop up on the right.  I would select mount on my phone and i had complete access to my phone and micro SD card.  After i updated both my phone and Mac when i connect the phone it brings up a disc and i cannot get access to my phone.  Can anyone help please?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connecting to Mac
Gnomad
Enthusiast - Level 2

RunSilent23: I'm trying the suggestion that you linked to, but keep getting a "resource busy" response from the Terminal. I am a little bit confused about the step of "unmount then remount" the SD card. Under "Settings->SD card & phone storage" there is an option to "Unmount SD card", but once unmounted there is no option to remount the SD card. So how do I remount the SD card? The only way that I know of is to turn the phone off and then on again. Unless what they are saying is to physically remove the SD card after using the "Unmount" command in Settings, and then snap the card back in again. However, that does not sound like a practical solution to this problem!

When you get to the point that you get the error " The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer" select ignore. Then you swipe down on your screen and select "Turn Off USB Storage"  then select" Turn Off" Wait a few seconds and "USB Connected" will show again, press there and then select "Mount" Within a few seconds you can run the command and your drive will show in Finder.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
RunSilent23
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
zman99

! I was sold a Samsung Droid i500 Galaxy phone by a Verizon wireless store . I was told that it would work with Apple Mac. I was able to sync my phone with my Mac comuter for a few weeks, and then it no longer would snyc.

I called Verizon support and they were unable to help me, they sent me to Samsung. At Samsung I went through tear 1, tear 2, and then tear 3 support.  I was told by a advanced tech support rep at Samsung that after Verizon Wireless sent a "media manager" update through the phones they NO LONGER ARE COMPATABLE WITH APPLE! . I have been through many phone calls with Samsung and Verizon wireless and have received no call backs or help. They have no answer.  I even had one Verizon rep laughing at me and thought it funny because he said he hears that all the time with no call backs! I am furious that I paid $300 for this Droid phone and was told it would be compatible with my computer and now its not after 2 months! 

The Samsung tech support  told me that he doesnt see the Droid working with Apple again now that they have the iphone. He said that they have been telling verizon about this for a while and nothing has been done.

I just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau since Verizon cannot help me.

0 Likes
revlee

Why the BBB?  If Verizon or Samsung took this function away, then it is obviously not a compatibility issue, it is a marketing issue.  This is the kind of stuff aggressive attorney generals like to take on.  Perhaps we all need to go that route.  The BBB is a waste of time.  Or perhaps you know a good lawyer that would like to take on a class action lawsuit on behalf of all those Samsung Fascinate owners who have had their devices crippled by service providers and their intrusive agreements with companies like Apple and Microsoft.  

0 Likes
cygnetswan

I also was able to connect to my Mac until the previous update.  Is this Verizon or Samsung??  I've been through forum after forum and no luck.  I'll try the terminal workaround next, but that seems like a lot of work to get a phone to mount.  Geeezzz!!  Verizon will definitely lose my business after this contract - it's been nothing but trouble since I signed.

0 Likes
MaxBuck
Contributor - Level 1

It's not an ideal solution, but I've been able to connect my Fascinate to my Mac via Bluetooth.  You need to transfer files either one by one or in groups that you identify in the Finder.  Pain in the neck, but at least it works - though slowly.

0 Likes
bruceap

RunSilent23 wrote:

Try this link.  The answer is near the bottom.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate/58277-fascinate-not-mounting.html

RunSilent23: I'm trying the suggestion that you linked to, but keep getting a "resource busy" response from the Terminal. I am a little bit confused about the step of "unmount then remount" the SD card. Under "Settings->SD card & phone storage" there is an option to "Unmount SD card", but once unmounted there is no option to remount the SD card. So how do I remount the SD card? The only way that I know of is to turn the phone off and then on again. Unless what they are saying is to physically remove the SD card after using the "Unmount" command in Settings, and then snap the card back in again. However, that does not sound like a practical solution to this problem!

0 Likes
Gnomad
Enthusiast - Level 2

When you get to the point that you get the error " The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer" select ignore. Then you swipe down on your screen and select "Turn Off USB Storage"  then select" Turn Off" Wait a few seconds and "USB Connected" will show again, press there and then select "Mount" Within a few seconds you can run the command and your drive will show in Finder.

0 Likes
bruceap

Gnomad wrote:

Thanks Gnomad, that worked! For those not wanting to try "disk1, disk2, disk3, etc.", the SD card will show up in Disk Utility even though it has not mounted on the desktop. Highlight your phone in list of disks and click the blue "Info" button at the top of the screen. The "Disk Number" is near the bottom of the resulting list.

0 Likes
Gnomad
Enthusiast - Level 2

To make it a little easier you can open AppleScript Editor from your Utilities folder on your Mac. Type in do shell script "gpt show /dev/disk1" with quotes. Then click on "File" then "Save as" , change the name from "untitled" to something you like then change the File Format to application. Save it to your desktop. From then on when you get to the disk read error, unmount then remount and then double click the app on your desktop, if it does not mount then double click it again. This will save you from having to open terminal and typing in the gpt command every time.

0 Likes