Re: Considering Verizon and the Samsung Fascinate? Don't do it...
Shinebox
Enthusiast - Level 3

You have to download Launcherpro and the google widget only works with Launcherpro active

0 Likes
RunSilent23
Contributor - Level 1

Click on the Voice Search app and what search engine do you get?

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

RunSilent23 wrote:

google

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

the only time I get bing is when I click a bing app. and I have done nothing special to my phone.

0 Likes
RunSilent23
Contributor - Level 1

M91-30 wrote:

RunSilent23 wrote:

google

Exactly...

0 Likes
fishmstr

Ah yes just sit back and enjoy mediocrity.  The simple fact is the sales reps have lied, VZW employees have lied.  TMoblie started pushing out 2.2 to their Galaxy S phones TODAY.  What do we get from VZW?  NOTHING but the sound of crickets and a canned email response of "DOH we don't know". 

How about it Verizon don't you think it's time to listen to your customers?  Either you listen or my next contract will be with a company that cares about their customers such as TMobile.

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

fishmstr wrote:

How about it Verizon don't you think it's time to listen to your customers?  Either you listen or my next contract will be with a company that cares about their customers such as TMobile.

I appreciate your position but you might want to read the Tmo forums first. 

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

I'm tired of all the complaining. you have a proper phone with a proper update. why do you need froyo so badly?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

M91-30 wrote:

I'm tired of all the complaining. you have a proper phone with a proper update. why do you need froyo so badly?

Well gee, users are tired of messed up phones.  Proper update....?  I don't think so.  You do realize that several people can't mount SDs after this update? Also, reports of more sluggishness and such have come up.  Also, Froyo comes with key apps updated and several other apps only for 2.2 and above.  Froyo also brings better battery life and better system responsiveness.  So you know what, if you're tired of the complaining, why don't you give Verizon and Samsung a call and tell them that and leave the users alone?

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

im on 2.1 with the dl09 upddate, i have great battery life, good gps, and my sd card mounts fine

i dont see any issues with it

would i like froyo? sure.  an i going to keep complaining about it? nope, when it comes it comes.  heck its out there if you know where to look, just dont want to go that route.

the fasc is a great phone, i really dont see all the problems people are having with it

0 Likes