Re: Considering the Samsung Fascinate and Verizon? Well Please do!!
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well said Ladybell I am behind you all the way

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

GUESS WHAT?????

I JUST FOUND SOMETHING ELSE THAT IS COOL.

Might be a little thing to some but did you know that in video mode, you can actually zoom in and out while shooting the video???  Super cool.

Oh and if you touch the camera and reel button in the top left corner you can can limit the size so the video can be sent eaier in a MMS? 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah the volume rocker works to zoom in and out in camera and video mode.  I accidentally found that out like a month after I got the phone. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know that is cool right?  You know it's funny because one of my actual complaints about the phone was the lack of a manual.  I had a lack of a manual on my new laptop too!  Go figure.  Someone out there trying to save the trees finally and now I have an issue?  Anywho.  If I had gotten a big ole 175 page manual to go with this phone to read in small print I would have just put it in the closet and figured it out as I went anyway!  LOL  I like finding hidden things I can do.  That was a cool one. 

0 Likes
SCarVZW

I've been doing a lot of research (too much actually) the past couple weeks on what kind of new phone I wanted to get.  I had the LG Venus, loved it with all my vain heart, but it was time to get a smartphone with better texting ability.

I read all about the 2.2 update delay and almost decided to get either the Droid X or Incredible.

When I went to the Verizon store to check them out one more time before making my purchase, they just didn't suite me.

I gravitated back to the Samsung Fascinate and fell in love again.  I reminded myself that I mainly use my phone for calls, texting, and music playing.  Only real new thing I was looking forward to are the apps.  I live 3 minutes from work, so I didn't need a supercomputer in my pocket.

The phone just feels so great in my hands and the 4" screen is perfect.  Anything less wasn't enough and 4.3" was too big.  Or maybe I just hated that camera hump on the Droid X. :smileywink:

The AMOLED screen also makes my eyes glitter like a gold-digging hoochy. :smileytongue:

My wife will soon tire of me pausing TV so I can shoot my phaser, ignite my lightsaber, or any other silly thing I find next. :smileyvery-happy:

The only trouble I've had with the phone is my apps mess up quite often.  My drum apps will stop playing sound as well the other ones mentioned.  I don't know if that's the 2.1 or the quality of the apps, but I don't think I've had any real issues.

I'm very happy with this phone.  The speaker plays my music louder than the LG Venus (iPhone speaker is pathetic!) so brushing my teeth and break time at work is even better than before!

Thank you Wal-Mart for selling it for $53.

0 Likes
LBell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Holy buckets.  You got your phone for $53.  So amazing.  I imagine your app issues are actually with the apps.  But do for your own sake keep an eye on the performance and consider adding a antivirus or security app such as lookout or the other to protect your device.  And although you don't need a mini computer in your pocket.  FYI the processor on this phone is blazing fast and you can search the internet with ease and multi-task while you are doing that as well. 

Pun intended .... My phone is fascinating!  :womanwink:

0 Likes
fascinate - great -I agree, now where to go to learn more
homerunholt

Like sending many pics with one topic to multiple addresses - how???

0 Likes
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2
One thing I found out today.. When you land on a webpage and it's in a small font, instead of pressing the magnification icon thingie, just double tap on the screen and it will toggle back and forth. Yes, love the phone! It's more like a handheld laptop that oh by the way happens to handle phone calls.
0 Likes
Re: fascinate - great -I agree, now where to go to learn more
Indianchief
Contributor - Level 1

Homerunholt.......first,bring up your pics, hit menu (bottom left), you will notice then the pics have a grayed out check box in the corner of each pic, tap multiple pics to get a green arrow indicating selected, share, email, hit contacts when the cursor is in the "to" line, select multiple addresses by tapping and getting a green arrow next to their name, submit, subject, send.  Hope this helps.  Have a nice day.  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
JaziJoi

Here!  Here!  I'm in total agreement with your total post Ladybell!  I too was a former "Crackberry" user.  I never thought I'd leave BB.  But the web browser was so painfully slow and the other limitations that I now see it had is unbelievable.  I'm totally FASCINATED by the Fascinate.  I like my email better than BB....never thought I'd be saying that.  And the spead of the processor is awesome!  Maybe anything would seem like lighting speed coming from the BB world.....LOL....each day I'm finding more and more about the phone to love.  It was by far the best change for me.  I was holding out for the iPhone and still chose the Fascinate over the iPhone and I feel I made a wise choice.  There is way too much hype built up on the iPhone in my opinion.  I love the Market for apps.  I've found EVERYTHING I needed to set my phone up for my daily needs and more.  A truely AWESOME phone!!!!  Two thumbs up from me!!!!   :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes