Contact issue
DBRHCOOL

Weird things have been happening with my contacts (Galaxy S5). I'll get a text from someone that comes up under anotheres name...or, when I put in a contact/number that number also gets entered under another contact. This just started yesterday. I called Verizon but no help. I'm at wits end trying to figure this out.

0 Likes
Re: Contact issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This can certainly make using your phone very confusion DBRHCOOL. I noticed you advised this started yesterday. Was there any recent changes made to your phone when this started? Does this happen with every text you send and contact you enter in the device?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DEEDEE21962

I am having the same problem, and it is annoying a [removed].

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​ .

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
DEEDEE21962

Is there any way to solve this problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DEEDEDD21962, I can imagine how annoying this issue must be. I'd like a little more information so that I can better assist you. What kind of phone do you have? Were any updates performed just before the issue began?

DeannaL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DBRHCOOL

There were no changes that I'm aware of. I'm not having the problem as bad as it was when it started, but it's still doing it. I got a text from a friend the other day but it came in under my work phone number, so I has to ask who it was because of it. And no, it doesn't happen with every text. It's a PITA and needs to stop. I called and spoke with a Verizon rep but he was no help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad to know the issue is not as bad as it was before however we still want to get down to the bottom of this for you. I can only imagine how frustrating this may be. Do you have you contacts backed up on the phone and if so where are they backed up to?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes