Contacts mysteriously vanished
landfill

So I have all of my contacts linked with my google account, since Backup Assisstant is a POS and has never worked correctly on my phone. I even tried to uninstall Backup assisstant, but it is impossible to get rid of. It still tries to update everyday, even after I thought I deleted the app. 

Anyway, earlier today all of my contacts that were linked to my google account lost their numbers. In other words, I had email addresses and phone numbers listed under the same name card, and now all of the numbers have disappeared, leaving me with only the email addresses of my contacts. For some contacts, I can still see their phone number listed under the "notes" section, but I am unable to call without manually dialing the number. I don't know how or why this happen, but I need it fixed, ASAP.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Contacts mysteriously vanished
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

One of the great things about that Backup Assistant that you were hoping to download is that it will save your contacts to your Gmail account.  Hopefully, it hasn't changed them there.  Try syncing your contacts again.

(If you want to, you could check your Gmail account to see if they are stored correctly there before using the following steps.)

1. open your Contacts

2. press Menu

3. select Accounts

4. select the account that has your contacts (usually the main account but not always)

5. uncheck and recheck sync contacts

That should do it.  You should have them redownloaded from Gmail.

btw, did you ever export your contacts to your phone?  You can do that manually if you make changes, deleing your old exported contacts files  When you import them again, the contacts will appear as phone (not Google contacts).  Anyway, something to think about if you get this to work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Contacts mysteriously vanished
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

One of the great things about that Backup Assistant that you were hoping to download is that it will save your contacts to your Gmail account.  Hopefully, it hasn't changed them there.  Try syncing your contacts again.

(If you want to, you could check your Gmail account to see if they are stored correctly there before using the following steps.)

1. open your Contacts

2. press Menu

3. select Accounts

4. select the account that has your contacts (usually the main account but not always)

5. uncheck and recheck sync contacts

That should do it.  You should have them redownloaded from Gmail.

btw, did you ever export your contacts to your phone?  You can do that manually if you make changes, deleing your old exported contacts files  When you import them again, the contacts will appear as phone (not Google contacts).  Anyway, something to think about if you get this to work.

0 Likes