Continuous Rebooting
maxriley9806
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since I upgraded my phone it has been acting very strangely. It started with the phone functioning at a very slow pace and then began to freeze at least once a day (the only solution I've had is to take out the battery and restart). During the last few days this has been occurring much more frequently and I have had to take out the battery about five times each day. Then yesterday when I was in the middle of a text the phone froze- nothing out of the ordinary there. Only this time it was different. After it froze it began to vibrate in weird patterns, though I wasn't touching the screen. The phone then turned off and restarted on its own. Everything seemed fine at first, but then after about thirty seconds the phone would freeze and start vibrating again and restart. It has been continuously freezing and rebooting ever since. I've tried taking the battery out for periods of time and then restarting it but it doesn't help at all. I was able to move quickly enough to export my contacts to the memory card (hopefully it was successful) and luckily I backed up all of my pictures and videos to my computer a few days ago. The things I care about have been taken care of; however, I have no idea as to what could possibly be wrong with the phone or how to fix it. Please help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Continuous Rebooting
maxriley9806
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried the reset but it didn't help. The workers at the Verizon store were unable to fix it so a new one is on it's way. Hopefully the new one won't have the same problem.. Thanks for your help though!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

maxriley9806 wrote:

Ever since I upgraded my phone it has been acting very strangely. It started with the phone functioning at a very slow pace and then began to freeze at least once a day (the only solution I've had is to take out the battery and restart). During the last few days this has been occurring much more frequently and I have had to take out the battery about five times each day. Then yesterday when I was in the middle of a text the phone froze- nothing out of the ordinary there. Only this time it was different. After it froze it began to vibrate in weird patterns, though I wasn't touching the screen. The phone then turned off and restarted on its own. Everything seemed fine at first, but then after about thirty seconds the phone would freeze and start vibrating again and restart. It has been continuously freezing and rebooting ever since. I've tried taking the battery out for periods of time and then restarting it but it doesn't help at all. I was able to move quickly enough to export my contacts to the memory card (hopefully it was successful) and luckily I backed up all of my pictures and videos to my computer a few days ago. The things I care about have been taken care of; however, I have no idea as to what could possibly be wrong with the phone or how to fix it. Please help!

Last restort is a Factory Reset, if that does not clear up the issue, ask for a new phone
0 Likes
maxriley9806
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried the reset but it didn't help. The workers at the Verizon store were unable to fix it so a new one is on it's way. Hopefully the new one won't have the same problem.. Thanks for your help though!

0 Likes
cactusjumper
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just a thought and may not be relevant, but I had a phone a few years ago that began continuous rebooting.

It was an LG, but can't remember what model. Anyway, I had called customer service and they were sending a replacement for it, and while preparing the phone for return, I removed the SD card, since it was mine, the phone did not come with one preinstalled.

After the phone was all prepared for return, ie contacts erased etc. I decided to try to boot it one more time. Low and behold it worked perfectly.

Called tech support and cancelled replacement, I told them what I had done and they said SD cards can cause all kinds of problems with the phones.

I reformatted the SD card and phone worked perfectly for another 18 months till I upgraded. Phone was still working I just wanted a new phone.

Might want to remove the SD card and see what happens

cactusjumper - Samsung Fascinate running Android 2.1 Update 1

0 Likes