Countdown To Gingerbread (2.3)
Droidbotics

So, Is there any chance of Fascinate getting gingerbread before 2012?

0 Likes
Re: Countdown To Gingerbread (2.3)
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It depends how badly you want it.

0 Likes
mengineer

You could have it right now if you really want it from xda but from what I read it's pretty buggy still, as is expected with the first port.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

Droidbotics wrote:

So, Is there any chance of Fascinate getting gingerbread before 2012?

this is all we need. people can't wait to have the next os. yes, we will have it. probably done in a couple months, but not from verizon.

0 Likes
Droidbotics
Why wouldn't it be release by vzw? They were SUPPOSE to release the imfomous froyo?
0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

because, as people should have learned with the froyo update, YOU CAN NEVER ASSUME THEY WILL RELEASE A NEW OS FOR A PHONE!!

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

mengineer wrote:

You could have it right now if you really want it from xda but from what I read it's pretty buggy still, as is expected with the first port.

yeah, it's nowhere near ready for primetime yet.  I got bored and reinstalled it last night just to play around an can't wait until they get wifi and the other kinks worked out.  It's amazing at how much more enjoyable a cyanogenmod experience is than what Verizon and Samsung want us to have.

0 Likes
mengineer

I didn't even bother trying it yet, I'll give it a little more time to mature first. I'm happy with my setup now, just updated to superclean 2.5 froyo, enven tho 2.6 is out now(Andrynalyne is a beast), with the Honeycomb theme. Running nice and fast n smooth while looking good at the same time. I was going to add a screenshot to this but to lazy to upload to another site right now

0 Likes
Droidbotics

Forget gingerbread Iam looking foward to Mocha.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

looks like it won't be long for the international versions.  Hopefully the developers can work some magic

http://www.androidcentral.com/gingerbread-android-232-leaked-galaxy-s-i9000

0 Likes