Cricket beats Verizon to Froyo...
msjohnson
You Know what's really sad is when a second rate carrier like Cricket updates their second rate Kyocera Zio to Froyo before Verizon updates their flagship Fascinate...what a joke!
0 Likes
Re: Cricket beats Verizon to Froyo...
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

verizon's flagship phones are their "droid" labled phones. they pay money to use the name, so they make sure they get special tratment. notice this isn't a "droid" phone.

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

It's time to accept the facts.

1. Fascinate is not top of the line Verizon phone (it never was). It was always Droid X since it arrival summer of last year.

2. We (Fascinate users) are suckers who were caught in Verizon scheme of bait&switch sale approach promise of Froyo availability "at any day".

3. It will take months, if ever, when Froyo will be delivered to Fascinate. 

I spoke with San Francisco law firm today trying to gain grounds on opening the class actions case. Unfortunate news...there are no grounds for success in that case. Lawyer advised that it would be wise to attempt to resolve this issue with Verizon community internally by posting messages something like we were all doing and also fill complains with FCC. As I was told should FCC decide to open an internal investigation into Verizon practice, then federal lawyers would be negotiating with Verizon conditions of resolving that issue. 

We, consumers, are just a pawns in the big corporate game called "Make $$$". Lesson learn...NEVER BELIEVE ANYTHING THAT VERIZON SALESMAN, SUPERVISORS, MANAGERS, ETC. PROMISE YOU. PROMISE DOESN'T WORTH ANYTHING!!! If you are unhappy with the phone, cancel the contract while you still can and get out. You can always come back if phone of your choice will get a promised update.

0 Likes
msjohnson
Mr. Maple Leaf you crack me up...how did I know you'd have something to add!
0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

papa_leo:

On behalf of myself and I'm sure many others, I sincerely thank you for your time, effort and expenses you have made for us! I greatly appreciate it! Looks like it is time to try another route to get samsung and verizon to stop acting like a corpse and give us the froyo we have been promised so many times. Filing a complaint with the FCC may be the way to go.

0 Likes
gsp10
But It still is one of samsungs flagship phones so why dont they force verizon to update it? ohh wait its because they dont care about customer satisfaction either only the money
0 Likes
lumbndnguy38

you tell'em,

i have had the fascinate since thanksgiving 2010,and i actually like it,what i dont like,is waitign on broken promises,etc.one of my buddies has the same phone with t-mobile,GUESS WHAT?he has 2.2 with google as the search engine.lucky him.why do we have to suffer?aint we,the consumer,customer,always right?feed back,plz......does anyone know when the update will be available...waitign patiently for the cow to jump over the moon,pigs start flying,and the infamous 2.2 updatye...which ever comes first..............ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

I'm sorry, but for anyone who fell for a rumor that was clearly a guess, it's not verizon's fault you're gullable.

0 Likes
Soulchaser
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why is it that Mr.Canada (as he is so affectionatly called) and I cant get through to you guys that it is out there?..its as official release as its going to get/ If the did and OTA right now for Froyo I would bet my ridiculously large salary that it would look exactly like my baseband/firmware/software version, even with those mildly and easy to do modifications you can have Froyo, Gingerbread, Cornmeal, Crackerjacks, Honeycomb, or Cinnamon Toast Crunch

0 Likes
Droidbotics

We shouldn't have modify ours phones, there is certain expectation that come along you pay $600 bucks for a smartphone. For one, we expect the phone to compatible with future software upgrades, for at least the life of your contract. Secondly, we expect transparency from Verizon and not some vague statement that's open to interpretation. And as for Mr. Maple Leaf and his delusional opinions, you idolize a company who treats their customers like garbage.

0 Likes