Re: Cricket beats Verizon to Froyo...
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Sprint will be cheaper but won't be any better.  They havn't even fully updated their Galaxy S phone either.  They pulled it a few days after pushing it out due to it causing various issues and no ETA when they'll have it fixed. GG Sprint.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

papa_leo wrote:

I called my financial advisor and was told that collection of the ETF will not impact your credit score by more then 10 points. THAT IS IT. 

I called Verzion and asked to cancel all my 5 lines, when they asked why I want to do so, I mentioned that VZW doesn't keep his part of the deal and lied to me so I am doing the same. I am switching to Sprint with their 5 lines Simply Everything and my corporate discount, I will be pocketing $100 each month. 

Verzion first threaten me with ETF which I said, I will deal with collections when time will come but can't stand them any longer. So Verzion said that my service will be cancelled immediately...guess what...2 hours after, I am getting a call from Verzion asking what they can do to have me stay with them. I guess....$500/month customer is not that they want to lose. So I asked them to give me  a straight up answer, when will Fascinate get Froyo. The person who I spoke to said that they would get my question to a manager that should call me within the next 24 hours. Until then, they asked me to hold off as my contract is still in affect.

If within 24 hours, I will not get the call from Verzion or get some **bleep** answer like ("any days", etc.), I'm just going go to Sprint and port all my lines over to them and let's have Verizon eat that. 

Verizon, I WILL NOT PAY A PENNY of ETF. CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?!

Verizon, you lied to me, I lied to you (when I signed the deal). We're even!

good luck with that. they honestly can't accurately anticipate the release date, as they have to first get it ready to release. that's like me giving you a classic car, and sight unseen asking you to give me an estimated time to finish the restoration. you can give me a general guideline, accounding for a certain amount of unknowns, but things are going to likely pop up, making your estimate useless in reality.

I still blame the pope

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

Sprint might not be better than VZW but at least, I will be able to get HTC Evo 4G and save $1,200 years. For that kind of money, I can take some bad things for free (like constant lies) that Verizon is actually charging me for.

0 Likes
notgoodenough
Enthusiast - Level 2
Papa leo

Pls. keep me updated. I want to know how things turn out.
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

might not be so smart if the following turns out to be true.  Not to mention wimax is most likely on the way out. http://androidandme.com/2011/03/carriers/sprint-promises-to-reveal-the-latest-wireless-innovation-at...

0 Likes
sotomo

"if you want froyo, DOWNLOAD IT ALREADY!"

I looked into this, but it seemed that the 'downloadable' versions have various issues, which I'm not sure are isolated incidents, but any one of them would be unacceptable to me.  Here are some, like:

"Email app is raging usage near or at 100%, any ideas?"

"This rom is making my phone run so slow at the start and a lot of things are FC'ing."

"How can I get LauncherPro to work. it is installed, but it will not open, error message claims it is not executable"

"My Yahoo mail won't work"

"No problems other than battery life not as good"

"Looks like they messed with the backlight again. Now it always stays on"

"The times one the daily briefing widget are off by six hours."

" I noticed some syncing issues with twitter"

etc etc etc

I don't know which version these pertain to, whether there is a perfect release or not, but I need everything to work.  I'm a programmer for a living and do not want to spend my time debugging my phone.

I would like an official and 100% stable version of the most recent Android OS released by Samsung and Verizon.

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me...

HTC EVO4G 2 is the same rumor as Froyo for Fascinate. I might be naive but I am not stupid.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

sotomo wrote:

I don't know which version these pertain to, whether there is a perfect release or not, but I need everything to work.  I'm a programmer for a living and do not want to spend my time debugging my phone.

I would like an official and 100% stable version of the most recent Android OS released by Samsung and Verizon. 

EB01 and Super Clean have been perfectly fine and stable for me.   No force closes, no email problems or anything.  Only issue was battery life which was tracked down to the GPS running non-stop when enabled eventhough it wasn't actively being used.  Disabling stand alone gps until I need to use it solved that one.  And I'd hazard to say that the leaks/custom roms are much more stable than anything Verizon/Samsung will produce.  Look at all of the rants everytime an "official" update is released.  Not to mention by doing it yourself, you also learn that going back to where you were before is the exact same process in case you don't like something.  This isn't the case for those who wait for the updates. 

papa_leo wrote:

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me...

HTC EVO4G 2 is the same rumor as Froyo for Fascinate. I might be naive but I am not stupid.

There's no doubt that there will be an Evo 2 sooner than later.  It's one of the best selling androids and Sprint is going to do everything they can to prolong the Evo brand.

0 Likes
sotomo

I appreciate the spirit of taking control of ones own device, and would be happy to Mod it if I got the full green light from Verizon.  Good to hear there are some stable versions out there.

I really think Samsung is to blame here more than Verizon.  Given this experience it will be quite awhile before I select another Samsung phone.  Not that they care. Samsung being largest conglomerate in the world, this problem is meaningless to them.

0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

papa_leo wrote:

I called my financial advisor and was told that collection of the ETF will not impact your credit score by more then 10 points. THAT IS IT. 

I called Verzion and asked to cancel all my 5 lines, when they asked why I want to do so, I mentioned that VZW doesn't keep his part of the deal and lied to me so I am doing the same. I am switching to Sprint with their 5 lines Simply Everything and my corporate discount, I will be pocketing $100 each month. 

Verzion first threaten me with ETF which I said, I will deal with collections when time will come but can't stand them any longer. So Verzion said that my service will be cancelled immediately...guess what...2 hours after, I am getting a call from Verzion asking what they can do to have me stay with them. I guess....$500/month customer is not that they want to lose. So I asked them to give me  a straight up answer, when will Fascinate get Froyo. The person who I spoke to said that they would get my question to a manager that should call me within the next 24 hours. Until then, they asked me to hold off as my contract is still in affect.

If within 24 hours, I will not get the call from Verzion or get some **bleep** answer like ("any days", etc.), I'm just going go to Sprint and port all my lines over to them and let's have Verizon eat that. 

Verizon, I WILL NOT PAY A PENNY of ETF. CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?!

Verizon, you lied to me, I lied to you (when I signed the deal). We're even!

papa_leo you are the man! I've been considering doing the exact same thing and I am VERY close to doing it! Verizon WILL NOT get paid their early termination fee! The reason I am leaving is because of samsung and verizon. They nullified the contract when they lied to me!

0 Likes