Re: Cricket beats Verizon to Froyo...
Eva

Ok, I must be a total Pollyanna (:smileyhappy:) but my Fascinate will arrive tomorrow and I don't really care if it is running froyo or baked alaska.  I'll just toddle on over to that "Verizon and Fascinate -- Please Do!" happy thread now.

Eva

0 Likes
big_limits

Can someone (since no one at verizon can) please tell me why... If it is samsung and samsung alone that is keeping us from updating our fascinates, why does the same phone in other markets ie; Canada, Europe, Asia all have Froyo????? All non-Verizon networks.

http://www.telusmobility.com/en/BC/samsung_fascinate/index.shtml 

...and would this Froyo upgrade(below) work on our phones

http://www.telusmobility.com/en/BC/samsung_fascinate_support/trouble15.shtml

0 Likes
Shinebox
Enthusiast - Level 3

That update will not work with your current phone. The Telus Fascinate uses a GSM antenna the Verizon version uses a CDMA antenna. 

There are two verisons of Froyo for the Fascinate that were leaked DL30 and EB01. The root crowd is running it, as of now, there is no information on when, if ever, VZW will do an OTA update. AT&T and T-Mobile have updated via Kies, Sprint pulled the OTA update because of SD Card issues. AT&T and T-Mobile have yet to offer the update OTA.

From the sounds of it, the developers haven't ran into problems like those noted above. Most of these people posting on developer forums with leaks are still college students. It's kind of sad when a student working alone or with 2-3 other people can release a better quality product than two billion dollar companies can.

0 Likes
MKF
Enthusiast - Level 3

For papa and Dad.

The ETF may not be such a big deal on your credit but depending on the amount and if you let it stagnat over time most likely affect loans and other credit based applications. Also note depending on the amound you owe once it goes to a collection agency. Those guys aren't VZW they can take you to court and get the money(I've seen it happen).  VZW will just write it off on their taxes and you will end up paying for it in tax dollars instead. If its a small amount around $150 to $250 probably no big deal you may get noticed and a lah on your credit score any higher and they will eventually take you to court once they follow the process of trying to work things out with you, but this is just for the FYI, I'm sure your Fin. Advisors told you about this part andif not you probably do not care or even believe but I figure I'd through it out there. So you'd have some extra info. About the collections process VZW uses. 

0 Likes