Curious
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

So I am on my second S7 and have had the phone for months.  Does anyone else feel like the phone is less than spectacular?  There are so may issues that I have had with it from not being able to set my own notifications to just running poorly, slow, etc.  I have had issues with the Wifi and other features.  I sure hope the S8 is better.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
B33
Legend

Hey Kelley..  B.. here thanks for passing that Along..  I think with these Phones they Get so much thrown into them it's hard for them to Breath even though they have do have adequate Stuff in Processing on Board, It would be Nice to Get Rid of ALL of the Junk,  And to a Certain level you Can, Maybe in Future phones we'll see less Headaches and More Happyness.. 

Happy Holidays to you and yours.. B33

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KellyArens, we want this device to be spectacular for you on our network. Let's speed things up on that phone. Have you downloaded 3rd party applications to your device? Some applications can have serious negative effects on your device. Are you connected to Wi-Fi when you have issues with notifications?

For more device support, click https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s7/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

Don't most people have 3rd party apps on their phone? That's the point of Android. That said I had the same apps on my last phone, Droid Turbo, and no issues. This phone just has a lot of glitches and goofy issues. For example, my WiFi cycles from off to on like 3 times every time I restart the phone. Nobody can tell me why and it's all turned off in settings. This is just one issue. Sometimes the screen is just unresponsive and the phone has to be restarted. Sometimes it just moves at the speed of molasses.  Other days it runs great and I have no issues at all. It's inconsistent.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KellyArens, you have a very valid point. We want you to use that device to it's full potential. You may download any applications that you choose on your device. However, the application software can conflict with the device's software. Have you powered that phone off/on since these issues started? Have you updated the software on all of the applications that you've downloaded to your device in the Google Play market?

Let's resolve these issues on your device by tapping Settings>Backup and Reset>Reset Network Settings>Reset Settings. This will refresh your device on our network.

Next, you will need to clear the internet history on your device by tapping Chrome>Menu icon>Settings>Privacy>Clearing Browsing Data. Let us know if these steps improve the performance of your device. 

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you found an answer for your WiFi issues yet.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

It just stopped happening. I don't know why.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Glad to hear itSmiley Happy

0 Likes