DID ED04 BREAK SOMETHING THAT WORKED BEFORE DOWNLOAD
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

I am not having any operational or hardware problems with my phone at all. I have Froyo 2.2.1 with build ED01. Yesterday I became aware for the first time that my phone does not always ring when I am called. I am considering downloading ED04 but I am worried that it seems every time they try to fix something, they break something that was working.

If you downloaded ED04 and it broke something that you know for a fact worked perfectly before download I would be grateful if you posted here in detail. Thank you in advance.:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DID ED04 BREAK SOMETHING THAT WORKED BEFORE DOWNLOAD
Not applicable

If you're having this issue with the ED04 update, please PM me your mobile number and MEID so I can escalate this issue.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

Smokie11 wrote:

I am not having any operational or hardware problems with my phone at all. I have Froyo 2.2.1 with build ED01. Yesterday I became aware for the first time that my phone does not always ring when I am called. I am considering downloading ED04 but I am worried that it seems every time they try to fix something, they break something that was working.

If you downloaded ED04 and it broke something that you know for a fact worked perfectly before download I would be grateful if you posted here in detail. Thank you in advance.:smileyhappy:

Wow same here phone dont ring when called sometimes and I did the ED04 the other day so now I will wait for results. My other problem is text messaging will say someone else other than the one who texted me and I reply back to people to find it went to someone else.

0 Likes
TimSnyder
Didnt break anything, didnt fix anything....
0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

TimSnyder wrote:
Didnt break anything, didnt fix anything....
Same here
0 Likes
Jharn

Since ED04 update, I've lost my Bluetooth connection to my 2008 Ford Explorer Sync.  Shows connected but the connection drops out after few seconds when trying to make a call, the phone stays on the call but the Sync phone connection is lost.  Also shows " in privacy" on the Sync system, that never showed before.  Tried canceling the pairing and re-pair, pull the battery from the Fascinate and restart, still left with the same Bluetooth problems.  Also noticing problems with GPS locking in, even after using GPS Status App.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Apparently yes.  It seems ED04 was broke before even being released. 

0 Likes
R0ckabillyHog

My sound levels don't stay where I put them. For instance when texting the key sounds are really loud. I go into the settings and adjust the system sounds, and then later in the day the sounds are back to the loud setting. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks for all the posts.  If you are having issues with receiving calls please try to dial *228, hit send and choose option 1.  If the issue persists please repost.

Thank you.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

SammuelP wrote:

Thanks for all the posts.  If you are having issues with receiving calls please try to dial *228, hit send and choose option 1.  If the issue persists please repost.

Thank you.

Got a brand new fascinate in the box

With ed04 factory Installed

And it is still missing calls

I did not install any thing on it for the test so it is not a problem with a Conflict or user caused

Wish I had never Bought this JUNK

0 Likes
ponygirl22

I updated to 2.2 ED04 a few days ago and have since not been able to send or receive picture messages, my batter drains in 6 hrs with minimal usage and it freezes a lot.... none of these were issues BEFORE the update.  

0 Likes