DL09 Update Failed?
ReverendOD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the notification that there was an update.  It downloaded rebooted and then restarted.  When it came back up it said IP_Previous_Update_Failed.  Any idea on how to fix this to get the update?

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_idtjjCE6gfg/TS8DTr2R7uI/AAAAAAAAAxA/oipd1Fanohg/s512/DSC_1858.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DL09 Update Failed?
ReverendOD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I took it into my local store today. After 40min and 2 phone calls to tech support by the counter rep they are overnighting me a new phone, heres to hoping this one takes the update.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Have you tried manually downloading it again under System Updates?

0 Likes
ReverendOD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes Multiple times.  Also tried doing a factory reset on the phone and updating before doing anything else.  Still fails.

0 Likes
cmdrgeist
If you're within the 30 day return/exchange period, swap it. If not, contact Verizon tech support, tell them all the steps you have done, and request a new phone. Sounds like there may be an issue in the bootloader preventing it from applying the update. Try the update one more time, and watch it as it goes through, make sure to not any message you see on the screen while the update attempts to apply.
0 Likes
Yaeckman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would say take it into the store.  If they can't update it, then 30 days or not, they should give you a new unit so the update can be done.

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

The instructions on the DL09 update PDF state, "If the update fails, please contact Verizon Wireless Customer Care at (800) 922-0204."

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/samsung_fascinate_instructions.pdf

Good luck!

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Turn your Wi-fi off if you have it on.

0 Likes
ReverendOD
Enthusiast - Level 2
Not on. And due to not having a 2nd line to call from they won't help me over the phone at verizon.
0 Likes
CHowell

Tried updating my fascinate this morning as well. Same error. But noticed I could not recv text messages. Called the number, the gal had me try the update again. Same problems. She had me turn off Wy-fi...then try the update again. Same problem. She said they were sending me a new phone.....  The error would pop up once it started the media sync... 

0 Likes
telveer
Contributor - Level 1

Quick question: Can this update be applied to a rooted phone?

0 Likes