DO I GET CHARGED FOR USING 3G HOT SPOT
Coalcracker
Enthusiast - Level 3
I currently have a Samsung Fascinate and I was gonna try out the 3G hot spot so I can get wifi on my iPod touch. I have the $29.99 unlimited data package but I wasn't sure if I'm gonna get charged extra for using it since verizon nickels and dimes us customers for anything they can!!! Does anyone know if i will I get charged extra for using the 3G hot spot?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DO I GET CHARGED FOR USING 3G HOT SPOT
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Coalcracker wrote:
I currently have a Samsung Fascinate and I was gonna try out the 3G hot spot so I can get wifi on my iPod touch. I have the $29.99 unlimited data package but I wasn't sure if I'm gonna get charged extra for using it since verizon nickels and dimes us customers for anything they can!!! Does anyone know if i will I get charged extra for using the 3G hot spot?

The hotspot is a separate charge on top the data plan.  It is $20 per month for 2 GB and $20 for each additional GB.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mzrdisi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe it will warn you that it's a separate service. Beyond that, if you try to use the tether service and browse from another device, it will redirect you to a Verizon site saying you need to sign up for the service. (If you haven't already)

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Coalcracker wrote:

The hotspot is a separate charge on top the data plan.  It is $20 per month for 2 GB and $20 for each additional GB.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes