DO I have the newest/latest update or no?? Someone help me!!
allaboutmykids
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay, when I called Customer Service yesterday, to get a phone swap, even for a like new/same phone, I was told that my Hardware Version should be I500.05, yet I have I500.04. However....about a week ago, my phone did an update, and I then did a factory reset, and still have been missing calls every now and then. My build number is SCH-I500.ED05, and my Firmware isd 2.2.2. Am I mistaken in thinking I have every new update that has been released??? There is nothing when I go to my settings>about phone>system updates>check new. It states there are no new system updates. Again, I've already done a factory reset AND pulled the battery TWICE. Verizon employees, PLZ HELP!! I just want a working phone......

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DO I have the newest/latest update or no?? Someone help me!!
allaboutmykids
Enthusiast - Level 3

Results....I didn't have to talk to CS...I was assisted by one of the employees here on our community forums. He shipped me a certified like new Fascinate yesterday afternoon, and it was received by 9:15am this morning. My husband told me it looks brand new (I'm at work). So, now I have the test to see if the problems are fixed with a replacement. I sure hope they are. All in all I really like the phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Yes you are running the latest VZW official, ED05. 

0 Likes
allaboutmykids
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you SFObrien....so now I get to call Customer Service back AGAIN, because I was given the wrong information yesterday, and told to wait another 48 hours for an update that I already have.....thanks...thanks....thanks...Verizon, for nothing short of a run around, when all I'm yearning for is a decent phone....

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

The first thing they will tell you to do is a factory reset.  Tell them you already have done that to save you the time doing something that won't fix the missed call issue.

0 Likes
allaboutmykids
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh I definitely will tell them, because I refuse to do it again, when I've done it twice. And pulled the battery...so there's nothing left to do but to get me a new/like new phone or a completely different one.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Good luck and be sure to post the results of your call to CS, it may help others out.

0 Likes
allaboutmykids
Enthusiast - Level 3

That I most definitely will! I'm all about sharing the info received, just as I like to receive the help! Thanks again for your help as well :smileywink:

0 Likes
allaboutmykids
Enthusiast - Level 3

Results....I didn't have to talk to CS...I was assisted by one of the employees here on our community forums. He shipped me a certified like new Fascinate yesterday afternoon, and it was received by 9:15am this morning. My husband told me it looks brand new (I'm at work). So, now I have the test to see if the problems are fixed with a replacement. I sure hope they are. All in all I really like the phone.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

allaboutmykids wrote:

There are some good reps on here.  Hopefully the replacement will get you up and running.

Good luck,

0 Likes