Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
DO I have the newest/latest update or no?? Someone help me!!
allaboutmykids
Enthusiast

Okay, when I called Customer Service yesterday, to get a phone swap, even for a like new/same phone, I was told that my Hardware Version should be I500.05, yet I have I500.04. However....about a week ago, my phone did an update, and I then did a factory reset, and still have been missing calls every now and then. My build number is SCH-I500.ED05, and my Firmware isd 2.2.2. Am I mistaken in thinking I have every new update that has been released??? There is nothing when I go to my settings>about phone>system updates>check new. It states there are no new system updates. Again, I've already done a factory reset AND pulled the battery TWICE. Verizon employees, PLZ HELP!! I just want a working phone......

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DO I have the newest/latest update or no?? Someone help me!!
allaboutmykids
Enthusiast

Results....I didn't have to talk to CS...I was assisted by one of the employees here on our community forums. He shipped me a certified like new Fascinate yesterday afternoon, and it was received by 9:15am this morning. My husband told me it looks brand new (I'm at work). So, now I have the test to see if the problems are fixed with a replacement. I sure hope they are. All in all I really like the phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor

Yes you are running the latest VZW official, ED05. 

0 Likes
allaboutmykids
Enthusiast

Thank you SFObrien....so now I get to call Customer Service back AGAIN, because I was given the wrong information yesterday, and told to wait another 48 hours for an update that I already have.....thanks...thanks....thanks...Verizon, for nothing short of a run around, when all I'm yearning for is a decent phone....

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor

The first thing they will tell you to do is a factory reset.  Tell them you already have done that to save you the time doing something that won't fix the missed call issue.

0 Likes
allaboutmykids
Enthusiast

Oh I definitely will tell them, because I refuse to do it again, when I've done it twice. And pulled the battery...so there's nothing left to do but to get me a new/like new phone or a completely different one.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor

Good luck and be sure to post the results of your call to CS, it may help others out.

0 Likes
allaboutmykids
Enthusiast

That I most definitely will! I'm all about sharing the info received, just as I like to receive the help! Thanks again for your help as well :smileywink:

0 Likes
allaboutmykids
Enthusiast

Results....I didn't have to talk to CS...I was assisted by one of the employees here on our community forums. He shipped me a certified like new Fascinate yesterday afternoon, and it was received by 9:15am this morning. My husband told me it looks brand new (I'm at work). So, now I have the test to see if the problems are fixed with a replacement. I sure hope they are. All in all I really like the phone.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor

allaboutmykids wrote:

There are some good reps on here.  Hopefully the replacement will get you up and running.

Good luck,

0 Likes