Re: Data speeds awful Galaxy s9
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SMKE10684, making sure you're getting consistent speed is important. One thing to help clarify is what you can expect for average speed. When using the LTE network, you can expect on average, upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps; with download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps. These speeds are just the average. Depending on your location, signal strength, and amount of traffic on the network you can get much higher speeds. I've run speed tests myself and get 25 Mbps depending on where I'm at. To share where I got this information along with some common Speed Test sites, you can check out this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-16543/

If you've been encounter below average speeds, that would be something we'd want to troubleshoot. Where were you when you conducted the test? What kind of a data plan do you currently have?

JohnTr_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

210 down is still sweet on wi-fi, i'll see 60+....paying for 50!!!

SMKE10684
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was in my home, actually just feet away from a network extender we got from you.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying that you were near a Network Extender, SMKE10684. I see that we only recommend the use of a Network Extender when you are located in an area of variable coverage where signal is impacted by factors outside of our control.

You indicate that you were near the Network Extender, were you connected to the network extender?

Is your Network Extender a 3G device or a 4G device?

Please share the Network Extender model and we’ll confirm if it is 3G or 4G, and what to expect when connected to it.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

butterfly_76,

That makes sense. Wireless service (with any provider) will always decrease while indoors, and isn't guaranteed due to building materials. Additionally, since service increases just outside of the building, there's something in the building decreasing signal. How are your services in other locations?

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
butterfly_76
Enthusiast - Level 3

I understand certain buildings cause service interruptions. But coming from a super cheap, inexpensive phone company that I didn't have that issue with, it's kind of disappointing that a low level company like that has better service than one of the largest in the nation. It is generally ok outside of here, but there are dead spots as with any company. For the first week my son could hardly use his data at all, it was so slow everywhere. I showed him how to clean the cache partition on his phone as well and he said it seemed to help a bit.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Butterfly_76, I want to help with your data speeds in any way possible and appreciate you making the switch to Verizon Wireless. Depending on the certain unlimited plan you're on will also impact your data speeds on a regular basis. Just to confirm, are you currently on the Go Unlimited or Beyond Unlimited Plan? What is the make and model of device your son has? 

The link below outlines how are existing unlimited plans are designed to work and what limitations you may potentially run into. http://spr.ly/6583DeYoL

AlanS_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
butterfly_76
Enthusiast - Level 3

Like right this minute, I have been trying to post a photo on social media for an hour. Absolutely no data coverage in here. I keep having to hit Try Again. This is NOT what I expected from Verizon. No service indoors apparently but paying upwards of $350 a month. We have Go Unlimited. His phone is a Galaxy s9.

I'll check out the link you posted, thanks.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Butterfly_76, seeing that you just made the switch, we want to make this a smooth transition for you. I am a huge advocate of social media, so your need to have pictures upload seamlessly is beyond understandable. I have sent you a message to your inbox to further investigate the root cause. Before jumping to assumptions with the Go Unlimited plan, I'd like to take a deeper look before coming to a conclusion. Please reply to me there.

AkaneM_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
butterfly_76
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's not going to do any good. I'm going to hear how some phones don't work inside buildings, sometimes that happens, etc. (although I have never had this problem, not even with Cricket that costs a third of what Verizon does) and to try this and that, that I am sure I've already tried. This is apparently what it's going to be like with Verizon and I'm not happy.