Re: Deactivated/Factory reset phone, need help to reactivate for Wi-Fi use.
SantaBanta
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh my God.. thanks so much for such a simple trick.. I read about it on various threads and it did not work for me.. then I watched the video and did exactly as it showed and it worked... Thanks again..

Note: anyone else trying this... make sure this is the first thing you do after the powered up phone comes up with green Andriod logo if you do other things with the phone it does not work. I had to power it down and start again and it worked like charm...

Thanks again Azsaluki.. you made my day...

Santa.

AZSALUKI
Legend

YOU ARE VERY WELCOME!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Deactivated/Factory reset phone, need help to reactivate for Wi-Fi use. (Verizon, help please???)
daes95

Can you help me?  I did the same dumb thing with a Motorola Droid.  I am asked language, then I am told I need a sim card.  My sim card was put into my new phone when I upgraded.  Help??  Please?

0 Likes
Re: Deactivated/Factory reset phone, need help to reactivate for Wi-Fi use. (Verizon, help please???)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi daes95!

Let's figure this out! Thanks to the community for your input! I'd first like to ask which model device you upgraded from/to. This information will depend on a resolution. If you are using a 4G device, do you mean that a SIM card you have been using was put into a new device? Depending on the devices and what kind of SIM card is needed, you may need a new SIM card. These can be shipped to you at no charge. Or, if you take the device(s) into one of our corporate stores, you can get a SIM card at no cost.

http://vzw.com/storelocator

Thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
SeptemberRain44

Hello. I am having the same issue. I have an HTC Incredible. I only want to get it to where my kids can use it for games and things by using our wifi. I upgraded to an iphone and I can't seem to by pass the activation screen. I tried dialing the number you suggested (#83786633) and I pressed CALL. I got a pop up that said the call could not be completed because that was not an emergency number. When I pressed the HOME key it did nothing but take me right back to the activation screen. Is there a different number I need to push other than the one you said being as I have a a different phone (HTC Incredible)? Please help. My kids are really upset that they can no longer use the phone. Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
SeptemberRain44

I have a HTC Droid Incredible. Can you please let me know the code you used because I am having the same issue as you were.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

on the incredible, you start the activation call but hang up AS SOON as the call starts to ring and then hit "try again." after doing that 3 times, instead of "try again," it will give you a "next" button. you can then set it up. video tutorial to show you how:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3cQetNXNYQ

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's resolve this for the kids SeptemberRain44! Turn on the phone>Click next on the Language selection>Click Activate>When it tries to dial, press End Call>Perform the Activate, and End Call 3-5 times in a row until it tells you there was a problem with the activation and allow the bypass. Please keep me posted. Thanks.

TominqueBo_VZWSupport
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes