Default Application settings
DROIDXNEWBIE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since the Marshmallow update, my Note 4 has changed it's "Default Applications" settings. I was always able to choose which application I wanted to use "Always" or "Just Once".  Now it automatically sets it as the default application.  Can I change that somewhere? (I know how to change the default application, but I want to go back to having the option every time).  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Default Application settings
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand you wanting choices, COEDNAKEDAQUACHICKEN. Yes, we can clear those previous choices that were made. Let’s head on over to Settings then Apps.
On the top right hand corner, you’ll see a cogwheel icon. Tap on that.

Over here you’ll see an entry called ‘Default Apps.’ Tap to open this too.
Here, you’ll be presented with a bunch of options pertaining to changing the default apps. Tap on an entry, and it will list you down all the options that you have. If you open the ‘SMS app’ option, you’ll see all the apps you can utilize as default for sending / receiving messages. Take out what you have assigned as default and you will be all set.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DROIDXNEWBIE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks.  I know how to do that, but I'd like to have it ask me EVERY time instead of setting the default.  Is there a way to do that?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the desire to be prompted each time you want to make an application default, COEDNAKEDAQUACHICKEN. With the Marshmallow update it will no longer prompt you as it once did with "Only Once" or "Always." This is working as intended. Was there anything else I can assist you with today?

JosephE_VZW.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes