Desk Cradle App Bug?
Storymryder

Just wondering if anybody else has noticed the strange behavior of the Desk Cradle app.  Not sure if it is a bug or not, but if you open the desk cradle application, you don't need the desk cradle for this, and set the application to show the calendar instead of the clock, it doesn't show the current day.  Currently my phone shows the month view and November 11 as what would appear to be the current day.  It has been showing November 11 for weeks now and prior to that it showed a date in October that was not the current day.  The only other thought I had was that it is perhaps displaying the next "holiday" which in this case would coincide with Veterans day.  Seems like a bit of a stretch to highlight the next holiday the way it is displayed, but I can't explain it beyond it being a bug. 

I have checked it on two Samsung Fascinate phones and they both exhibit the same behavior.  If anyone has any insight into this issue, I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Stormryder

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Desk Cradle App Bug?
ARossetter
Contributor - Level 1

So looking at this AGAIN today, I notice that number is STILL 11. 

And that's when it hit me...

The '11' in the upper left isn't the day. It's the month. 

😕

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Indianchief
Contributor - Level 1

Mine shows today, Monday 08,2010 and current time correctly.

0 Likes
Storymryder

Do you have it set to show the time or the calendar?  Mine is fine when displaying the clock, but the calendar still shows November 11.

0 Likes
ARossetter
Contributor - Level 1

I was able to replicate it.. Picture incoming. :smileyvery-happy: 

Photo of Bug

Notice that while the calendar box shows the correct date, the text shows something quite different. Weird time zone offsetting work going on? Will have to see if it resolves itself throughout the day and when (if) that occurs.

EDIT: That picture was taken with an Epic 4G, another Galaxy S phone. How meta. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Indianchief
Contributor - Level 1

Yes you are correct.  When I set mine to calendar instead of clock it says November 11th.  So there is indeed a bug.

0 Likes
ARossetter
Contributor - Level 1

So looking at this AGAIN today, I notice that number is STILL 11. 

And that's when it hit me...

The '11' in the upper left isn't the day. It's the month. 

😕

0 Likes
Storymryder

After tinkering with the date and time, I see that you indeed are correct.  I must say, that is a lame implementation of the calendar display, especially since it isn't documented anywhere.  I'd rather they leave that off entirely since it is redundant with the name of the month right below the number. 

Thanks for the insight.

Stormryder.

0 Likes