Digital Secure battery drain
ReeCeeRob
Enthusiast - Level 1

Digital Secure has started draining my S10 battery, accounting for a third of all battery usage today. Is any of it essential?

Labels (1)
26 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How does your device perform in safe mode?

0 Likes
sfinger100
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why would I run in Same Mode? Since I have disabled the app my battery usage has dropped. significantly.

Maybe Verizon should fix the app since like others this only started happening recently.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for any confusion. This is not a permanent fix. Safe Mode will help us to better determine what is happening with the battery. We're standing by for results. 

Melissa_VZW

0 Likes
gadget_
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem, it just started doing this in the last day out two.

I used to be able to get a full day out of the battery but it's so bad now I am having to charge in less than 6 hours.

In battery usage it is at the top of the list at 59.1%. the next item is Firefox at 6.1%.

This is horrible and a serious problem.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a battery that you can depend on is necessary. Gadget, I'd like to gather a few details to best assist. Has there been any recent changes to your device software or apps? How long have you been using your device?

Can you please run an Android Device Health Check and share the results with us here via screenshot?

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
Hosrow
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't get it. Why is GinaU of Verizon trying to blame on you and your apps when so many others including myself have experienced the huge increase starting in the past couple of days. It does not take a genius to conclude that Verizon has done something after the 1st of September to this app to make it go crazy.