Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Disappointed with my upgrade phone experience :(
llw813

I decide to upgrade my cell to Galaxy Nexus this past Sat., the tax free weekend. I was happy with the size and look of the phone. However the battery SUCKS. After fully changed right after I purchased in the afternoon, I woke up the next day in the morning found out it was out of battery. Though I did install some app, that was with the changer plugged, apps shutting down afterward. Then 2 days in a roll, I had the same problem and found out my battery never lasts beyond 7 hrs.That's ridiculous. I mean I've read some reviews about the battery problem but I think mine still doesnot sound right. So I took it to the store today and was told the 6-8 hour is normal and all I should do is purchasing another better battery.

With my trust on the phone and the new battery gone, I decided to switch to Galaxys3. SO, That's how my idea of saving tax ended up with paying for $35 restoration fee and another $33 for the tax!!!!! I am totally disappointed as a customer with them for years.  I guess I will  go for another wireless company after this 2 yrs contract ends.

0 Likes
Re: Disappointed with my upgrade phone experience :(
mdram4x4
Leader

did you research the phone before buying it?

if its a known issue, its on the web someplace

how long is your s3 lasting?

did you reserch that one?

0 Likes
llw813

I searched but mainly based on my friends' review. My friend told me his Nexus lasts about 8-10 hrs depends calls/msg. In my case, I barely made calls/use apps and that's why I decide to go back. As to S3, my husband currently uses it. It is not bad. Basically full day without charging. But obviously it is more expensive than Nexus.

0 Likes
commonsense101

nexus is like over a year old and there are much better options, return it and get a better phone

0 Likes