Does anyone know how to set a picture as wallpaper without cropping it??
mltrippy

I'm trying to figure out if I can set a picture from my Gallery as wallpaper without cropping it.  Is it possible? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does anyone know how to set a picture as wallpaper without cropping it??
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the picture doesn't match the aspect ratio of the display for the device then a part of it will be cut off. Usually I can get the full width of a picture but not the full height. If that happens, it doesn't cut off a lot.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should be able to expand the crop box to the full width allowed by the device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mltrippy

Thanks Ann154, I figured that part out but I want to use the full length and width of the picture without cropping it at all.  I can’t seem to figure it out?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the picture doesn't match the aspect ratio of the display for the device then a part of it will be cut off. Usually I can get the full width of a picture but not the full height. If that happens, it doesn't cut off a lot.

0 Likes
Nemo_Aeternamn

like mentioned above... it has to be the rights aspect ratio/size... which is 720x1280... unless you want a scroll able wall paper then it would be 1440x1280..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mltrippy "A picture is worth a thousands words" If you cut that picture, how many words do you have left? I totally understand why you would want to avoid cropping your picture. I'm here to assist.

Which phone do you have? Most devices will require that you crop the photo in order for it to fit on your screen. I apologize for this inconvenience. Click http://bit.ly/y5iuoj for additional support for your device. I hope this information is helpful to you. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Not applicable

As already posted, the aspect ratio of the picture has to match the aspect ratio of your screen.  For instance, if the screen is 3 inches wide X 4 inches long, your picture needs to be in that same ratio width to length.  If it's not, you would need to crop off the top, bottom, or sides to make it so.

0 Likes