Does anyone know the 5.1.1 OTA Rollout Date for Verizon S6?
Platos_Cave
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, will it fix the memory leak problem?  I love my S6, but the memory problem is a "drag."

0 Likes
Re: Does anyone know the 5.1.1 OTA Rollout Date for Verizon S6?
dgh1981
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wish I knew.  Samsung dropped a maintenance release for our phones a few weeks ago and most carriers have pushed the patch out, except Verizon.  If you check Samsungs support page you see that AT&T and Sprint both pushed Lollipop updates around 5/11 and 5/13.  This patch has bug fixes and apparently helps with the memory issues.  I have to reboot my phone daily because of it.  Not sure why Verizon is taking so long.  Maybe they figure they will just wait for 5.1.1? If so, not cool they should push this small patch now to at least help with the slowness and lag.  Love the phone otherwise. 

dgh1981
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is an example of the Sprint version...just no update love from Verizon for us yet..

Which version of the Android ™ platform does my Samsung Galaxy S ® 6 edge use?

0 Likes
dgh1981
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
newvalve
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sure would be nice if Samsung did at least as much as HTC in communicating the upgrade process:

HTC Software Updates | HTC United States

0 Likes
untaimed189
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I spoke to a Verizon rep about 3 weeks ago, they told me that the auto-rotate bug would be fixed with a future software update. So there is one coming!

0 Likes
Platos_Cave
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm told that the AT&T and Sprint patches also improve the camera's functionality.  Yes, Verizon is always the LAST to deploy software upgrades to its phones.  Believe me, I will drop Verizon in a heartbeat when AT&T's service improves in my area (and I expect this within the next 12 months).  Verizon still has more cell towers, but its customer service is the absolute worst.  And, boy, does Verizon ever love to pile on the fees!!!  Verizon is probably sitting on its patch until it can figure out which bloatware to deploy with it.

0 Likes
dgh1981
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like an S6 update is pushing out today.  I just started a download on my phone.  Hopefully this helps the memory issues!

0 Likes
Platos_Cave
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got my OTA Baseband version update to G920VVRU1AOE2.  No statement online yet regarding what it fixes or enhances.  Still waiting for 5.1.1.

0 Likes
newvalve
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got the OTA upgrade - but it looks like it's NOT 5.1.1 - the android version still says 5.0.2

0 Likes