Doubt about GPS
JoshuaYP

Hi, I have a question.... I know that there's a GPS monthly fee for VZ navigator, so am not using it... instead I use Bing map and Google map for directions... These apps uses GPS when they update my location... so... is there a fee for GPS usage when these apps are using GPS to find my location? Or I can use it freely without worries...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Doubt about GPS
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
No charge, navigate away!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
No charge, navigate away!
0 Likes
JoshuaYP

wow thanks for the fast reply, now I can use it without worry of fees XD

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Any time, enjoy!
0 Likes
JoshuaYP

btw one more thing... is it normal to get hot while am browsing, playing? backside of the phone and screen gets really hot... or should I take it to the shop and change it...

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
It can, especially during heavy use while charging, though you might want to keep an eye on it. Some of the better battery monitoring apps include a temp reading and some even have a widget you can place on your homescreen. I don't know what these phones can handle, but I would try to not let it stay above the 45° - 50° C range for extended periods of time and, if it gets that hot for no apparent reason, you might want to look more into it.
0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

I am using Battery Monitoring (by Digital Scalability, Inc) and it displays temperature of the battery.

However, heat that you are feeling on the front and back is not from the battery but a processor unit (CPU) and set of antenna (GPS, WiFi, RDF) on the top quarter of the phone. That is where I am noticing the screen and back of the phone is getting warmer too.

From my research, this is something that is expected from the phone this size, screen, and power. Just like laptops that are getting hotter sooner than a regular desktop PC, the same applies to the any high end cellphone.

In general, the high heat is never a good thing for any electronic device as it causes performance problems, may cause screen issue, etc. But I didn't see a problem reported at any of the blogs that heat caused any real phone damage.

I haven't yet found an application that would measure the phone core temperature but if I will find it, I will post it on this board.

If you still have a concern about it, take it to Verizon and ask technician to have a look at it.

0 Likes