Downloaded ring tones
Mema22000

My son is a songwriter so I paid for his downloads as ringtones to my phone.  I can't find them.  Does anyone know how to do this?

0 Likes
Re: Downloaded ring tones
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you download a file to your phone, it is usually saved in the Download folder. You can access it on the phone through the Downloads App in the Application drawer. To move the song file to your Ringtones folder, you should download a file explorer application from the Play Store and use it to move the file. The Samsung Galaxy Nexus creates a default ringtones folder in the user accessible storage on the phone. That is where you should place the file for the phone to recognize it as a ringtone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Mema22000

When I open my "downloads" app nothing is there.  All I have is a text from you (I guess it is you -Ann with a blocked number) with the songs on it.  Actually it is song clips.  You said my purchase was complete, but no songs.  I just don't want to pay for them and not have them.  Thank you for your response.

<Email address removed per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Subject: Re: Downloaded ring tones - Re: Downloaded ring tones

created by Ann154 in Samsung Galaxy Nexus - View the full discussion

When you download a file to your phone, it is usually saved in the Download folder. You can access it on the phone through the Downloads App in the Application drawer. To move the song file to your Ringtones folder, you should download a file explorer application from the Play Store and use it to move the file. The Samsung Galaxy Nexus creates a default ringtones folder in the user accessible storage on the phone. That is where you should place the file for the phone to recognize it as a ringtone.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in Samsung Galaxy Nexus by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy.  Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

First off this is a peer to peer public community forum. Here customers can assist other customers with their questions. I didn't send you a text message. Verizon Wireless did with the file attached when you purchased the ringtone. You need to download it from the text message before it shows up in the Download folder. You didn't mention that you never downloaded and I unfortunately assumed that you did.

Also when replying by email, please don't include the original message. By doing so, you exposed your email address to the rest of the world on this public forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nytoti

Ann154 - I am having a similar problem on one of our phones.  I ordered  a ringtone, and i have the test message but can not figure out how to save it as a ringtone or move it to a download file.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Long press on the white space around the attachment to get a dialog box with the option to save the attachment.

0 Likes
Mema22000

I am sorry about thinking you were the wrong Ann, sorry about not deleting the messages, sorry for everything I did wrong  There was an option to save as ringtome.  I did and they are perfect  Thank you your help and I apologize for all the trouble I caused.Donna

>Personal info deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
LynnP
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've ran into the same dificulty.  I did as suggested; I can move the ring tone file but there are several folders marked "ringtoes."  Can't move the file to the System Storage File-Ringtone becuse it's apparently a locked file.  It deny's me access.  Regardless to what ever ringtone file, I cannot go to the sound menu and find the ringtone.  Can anyone come up with a better solution?  Never had any problems with LG, HTC or Motorola but this Samsung is giving me fit.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For the Galaxy Nexus, it should be /sdcard/ringtones folder. Or from your computer, in the root of the user accessible storage.

0 Likes
LynnP
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Ann, that's where I have them but can't see them in the Settings/Sound/Ringtones.  Now what?

0 Likes