Re: Dropped calls on Galaxy Nexus
B33
Legend

Kelly i got a new Droid Razr Maxx an it will be coming to my door step friday can't wait to pute it thru it's paces. it's a little wider than my X but as for the thickness it very close. Smiley Happy B33

0 Likes
hockey930

I still think it will be an iphone killer.  Has anyone tried to surf the internet on 3G lately? It's terrible.

It would be like downgraded from an hdtv to tube.

On another note, I just called verizon. They told me they do know about this now and confirmed the over the air update by Samsung later on this month.

0 Likes
davegr
Contributor - Level 2

tkdr6, you're a chief IT Architect.  Did you try updating the radios?

~D

0 Likes
tkdr6
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, I became completely exhausted with the Galaxy Nexus devices NOT working as phones.  I chose to spend my quality time elsewhere instead of continuing to try and figure out what's wrong with these expensive devices that should be working.

Remember, I work for Comcast NOT Verizon Wireless.  I'll leave the forensic analysis of fixing the Galaxy Nexus up to Verizon/Samsung/Google engineers.  It's just a shame that I now can't recommend the Galaxy Nexus to any friends, family, Comcast customers, or other Verizon Wireless customers.

I fought with Verizon Wireless support to return my two Galaxy Nexus devices for two new Razr Maxx devices.  I was far past my return period with the Galaxy Nexus, but with the proven track record of issues with the Galaxy Nexus and my continued persistence with Verizon customer support management, Verizon Wireless finally granted my wish and gave me two new Razr Maxx devices.

It's been a full week now and I'm so glad I made the switch to the Razr Maxx.  I love this new smartphone.  Absolutely Awesome!

My advice to those who are still struggling with the Galaxy Nexus, GET A DIFFERENT DEVICE that really works.  If you don't mind the issues that you're experiencing with the Galaxy Nexus, then be patient for a potential software fix and keep the device, and quit complaining and STOP searching forums for a fix.  THIS IS A SOFTWARE ISSUE and Google/Samsung are working on a fix.  There is NO official release date at this time.  However, if you are done with the Galaxy Nexus device NOT working for you, THEN GET RID OF IT!

Good Luck to you and everyone else struggling with the Galaxy Nexus.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

I am much happier with my RAZR....At least it can make calls, I have not been terrorized by any bugs or defects, and the phone is marked to get ICS at some point, soooo, the lack of frustration is very worth the change....I keep following some of the forums to see if a solution is ever reached.

Side note...On several of the galaxy nexus sites, such as facebook, when I attempt to disucss this problem, nobody will respond to my posts....does anyone else think that is wierd???

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Honestly the problems are best discussed on Google Groups and bug reports. That is the best place for developer devices.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

I am not at all questioning the best place to disucss the issues, I just find it odd that not one person will respond to my posts regarding problems with the phone.  Posted something on the Verizon Insider page as well, and same thing, no replies.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's probably most of the people there are not developers and the extreme type of fanboyism. You see a different outcome on developer places as they tend to fins fixes and the more info the better.

0 Likes
davegr
Contributor - Level 2

Mine works great as a phone.  Then again, it is meant to be a dev phone.  So mines running a >Edited to comply with forums terms of Use<   Works fantastic..especially for those of us who like to tinker...and who hate VZWs bloat.  RAZR is a fantastic phone.  But there's no way in hell that I'd take it over my nexus.  It's not meant for me.

Message was edited by: Moderator

stewby

Do you mind telling what you are using to get the improvements. I am unlocked and >Edited to comply with forums Terms of Use< but I haven't really done much since taking those steps. I have been waiting until more goodies are available specifically for the Nexus before continuing my experiments. It sounds like you have found a good combination of toys to enhance your experience.

Thanks...

Message was edited by: Moderator

0 Likes