Dull Power Button
cegarbage

I have had too many refurbished Nexus in the last year to count. Among my problems: One phone burned out and wouldn't turn on, One had a power button with a bad spring, the last keeps on losing connectivity  all over LA.

Now I get another refurbished, and i immediately sense the power button doesn't have the same "click" as the volume button. Not as bad as the bad spring I had before, but concerning because I'm going to be out of warranty shortly.

Do others experience the power button feels more dull than the volume button? I've read too many issues of this button breaking and am unsure if need to get another refurbished one sent to me. I just want one that works!

0 Likes
Re: Dull Power Button
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi cegarbage!

Consistency is key when it comes to our devices so making sure your power button is exactly how it should be is paramount here. We haven't gotten any feedback regarding others experiencing the power button feeling more dull than the volume button but it's very much so worth keeping an eye on. May I ask if it's at all unresponsive?

Something else I'd like to add I sure hope will come as good news. If you're worried about the device closing in on it's warranty, Asurion is currently running their open enrollment period allowing customers to add total equipment coverage to their lines thus extending the manufacturer's warranty. This is going through March 8, 2013. I hope this helps alleviate your concerns

Evan O
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cegarbage

Hi Evan,

I'm trying my best not to use it. It's not unresponsive, but if I use it I'm sure it will be. I am concerned about the device being out of warranty, but I don't believe paying additional for it. I've received bad phone after bad phone, and have to pay for a warranty on top of what I paid would be a waste. Considering I've had a bad button, fried hardware, and a device that kept dropping connections in the span of a year, I'm probalby on phone 4 or 5 by now, I lost track.  Verizon should be providing a two year warranty for the frustration I've received paying for the hardware and service.

0 Likes
luckyjq9

I'm about to send in for my third Nexus.  The first one had such poor 4G reception that it was draining the battery in less than two hours time.  And now I'm having the power button issue.  It's to the point where I had to tell people to stop texting me because I cannot unlock the phone to reply to them.  I like the phone when it's working properly, but these phones are expensive and should not be falling apart so easily.  I take very good care of it, and physically it looks almost brand new.  These products have just been defective in other ways.  It makes me yearn for the good 'ole days of clunky Nokias that never broke.

0 Likes