Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EA28 Update BUG
mrjohn

After updating to EA28, I found a very disturbing bug with my phone.  I have an exchange account set up, and with that, my phone locks automatically and requires a 4 digit code to unlock.  While my phone is locked, I can now press the Emergency Call button and go directly to the dialer.  From the emergency dialer screen if I hit the back or Home button, I am taken to my now UNLOCKED phone, without having to enter my 4 digit code.  This is HUGE, as this update has effectively rendered the lock mechanism of my phone useless. 

I have tested this on other Android phones and they all worked like they should, going back to the lock screen and prompting for the unlock code.

Am I the only one out there this is happening to?

I am grateful that I can now make emergency calls if necessary, but the fact that my phone has a massive security hole is worse.

0 Likes
Re: EA28 Update BUG
nickjr
Novice

I don't have that issue, I just checked it now and when I attempt to go back, my phone remains locked

0 Likes
Re: EA28 Update BUG
M91-30
Novice

mrjohn wrote:

After updating to EA28, I found a very disturbing bug with my phone.  I have an exchange account set up, and with that, my phone locks automatically and requires a 4 digit code to unlock.  While my phone is locked, I can now press the Emergency Call button and go directly to the dialer.  From the emergency dialer screen if I hit the back or Home button, I am taken to my now UNLOCKED phone, without having to enter my 4 digit code.  This is HUGE, as this update has effectively rendered the lock mechanism of my phone useless. 

I have tested this on other Android phones and they all worked like they should, going back to the lock screen and prompting for the unlock code.

Am I the only one out there this is happening to?

I am grateful that I can now make emergency calls if necessary, but the fact that my phone has a massive security hole is worse.

you are the only one, or at least one of a few, it seems. and now that you've announced this security hole, I wouldn't leave your phone alone for long.

0 Likes