ED05 Fix is finally here
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think we shall see this update in the next few days.

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/samsung_fascinate.pdf 

Thanks to Soyt for posting this

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ED05 Fix is finally here
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi atan1201,

I am hopeful the software update resolved your issues.  Your device has a 1 year manufacturers warranty, as long as there is no physical or water damage present, we can replace the defective device with a Certified Like-New Replacement (CLNR).  Additionally, if you line or another line on the account is eligible to upgrade you can definitely take advantage of the CPO upgrade options.  I hope this information is helpful.  Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Thank you for your contribution to our community forums,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
thender007

Downloading it now! Thanks for the post.

0 Likes
mytoy
Tried to download and page is unavailable. Must be busy. Lol.

Thanks for posting this.
0 Likes
mytoy
I just got this update on my phone. I just downloaded it. We will see how it works.
0 Likes
xlr2004

Hopefully this doesn't eliminate the "policy" for those of us who haven't had a chance to get to a Verizon Corp store yet.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

xlr2004 wrote:

Hopefully this doesn't eliminate the "policy" for those of us who haven't had a chance to get to a Verizon Corp store yet.

My understanding is once the fix is released, all bets are off
0 Likes
thender007

Downloaded, updated ... no problems. So far, so great! Thanks, VZ.

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

I just installed ED05 on 2 of my 3 Fascinates. Fingers crossed that this fixes all our problems.

Thank you Verizon for finally releasing.

( Wife wont let me update hers yet until me and son 'test'. She doesnt want to end up

worse off than she is now : - ) .   Can't say that I blame her.  )

0 Likes
spurs21
Contributor - Level 1

Just downloaded it, I'm a little worried, it has been on the splash screen for awhile....

Update; Phone finally rebooted, and screen responds faster, I'm liking it so far! Hope battery life is improved.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello Community Members:

I am updating as many Fascinate forums as I can with the following info:

The new software is out!  ED05 is being released starting today!  Please update your phone whenever possible.  Here's the link for for software update details.  

Here are some highlights:

• Improved to properly receive incoming calls.
  • After sending a multi-recipient SMS message, single-recipient SMS messages will send correctly.
  • SMS message reply is sent to the correct recipient.
  • Google Books is now preloaded.

If you check for new software, and no new updates are available, please try again the following day. Thanks for your patience on this. 

0 Likes