Re: ED05 Fix is finally here
mags787

I called Verizon on the 29th, explained my problems to them, and they told me to do a battery pull and a software update and that should fix everything.  I ran the update that would supposedly fix all problems and so far, I'm still having the same issues I had before.  I still take at least 5 accidental screen captures a day, and I'm also not getting all of my phone calls again.  I usually have to take the battery out of my phone about every other day, and while that hasn't been necessary yet, the other issues are still a concern.  I guess I'll have to take my phone into the store since the phone support wasn't so helpful. :smileysad:

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

You have to ask for level 2 tech support.  They are aware of the problem and they told me another update will be release tommorow supposely ed06.

0 Likes
Jerms

Well I called tech support last Monday and complained and they sent me a Droid X2 for replacement which I received Friday.  I must have just called just in time before the update was released.  Not sure if they will do this now but I am very happy with the Droid,  responds quicker, battery life is good, and haven't had one freeze-up.  I must have been one of the lucky one's.  Good luck to all you Fascinate owners.  Seemed like a good phone at first, then they ruined it.

0 Likes
atan1201

If the mic receiver and speaker doesn't work at all on my Samsung Fascinate WITH the ED05 update, am I eligible for the certified-pre owned free upgrade?

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Mags787,

I regret to learn of the issues you are experiencing after the update to your Fascinate did not resolve your issues. Before making the trip to the store, I would suggest a factory reset to see if that helps. 

This setting erases all data from your phone, including your Google or other email account settings, system and application data and settings, and downloaded applications. It will not erase current system software and bundled applications, or files stored on an optional installed memory card, such as music or photos. For this reason, please make sure the data on your device is backed up.

Steps for factory reset:

Select Menu

Select Settings

Select Privacy

Select Factory Data Reset

Please let us know how this is going for you, as we want to make sure you have a functioning device. Thank you for your posting!

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi atan1201,

I am hopeful the software update resolved your issues.  Your device has a 1 year manufacturers warranty, as long as there is no physical or water damage present, we can replace the defective device with a Certified Like-New Replacement (CLNR).  Additionally, if you line or another line on the account is eligible to upgrade you can definitely take advantage of the CPO upgrade options.  I hope this information is helpful.  Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Thank you for your contribution to our community forums,

0 Likes