ED05 default verizon representative message
ilikefood

Anyone else find it strange that the day that ED05 comes out, that the verizon representatives upon calling about issues state that the fascinate never had any issues? Then when transferred to tech support, they would state that a update came out to resolve said issues that did not exist... What's even more confusing is they state that they received feedback from "everyone" on the day the update came out that it has resolved their issues. Just who is everyone? How do they retrieve this information that everyones problems was fixed with ED05? Mine was certainly not fixed. The repacement refurbished fascinate they sent me certainly was not fixed. Looking at the verizon forums here, doesn't seem like i'm alone. Anyone else tired of verizon lying to them? I certainly am tired of them trying to pass us users off with problems as "isolated" incidents first with froyo messing up our phones, then ED04.... and ED05 basically doing nothing

0 Likes
Re: ED05 default verizon representative message
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

It took me 3 month's and sending my phone in to Samsung 6 Times

to get a working phone.

2 New phones and 4 times reloaded the software Which Never Helped Anything

I was just about to give up when I found ED05 and it did fix my phone

I also know it will not fix all Phones

My son's works fine with ED04

So I will not update Him to ED05 Don't Want to Break His Phone

Mine on ED04 would not recieve any Calls after 1 hour of sitting Idle So I put Mine on ED05

My Point is if they release Software that Fixes Some Phones it Breaks Others

So I don't think there is or Can be A Fix

The only hope is that You get a Phone That works with the Newest Flavor or Software they Push AND a lot of LUCK

I do feel Everone's Pain I lived it for 3 Months

0 Likes
ilikefood

Faulty hardware/software? Sure. Luck of the draw? Ok. Blatant lies and feigning ignorance about known issues? Unacceptable.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I don't Disagree

Just look up your State Att Genrals web Page File a Complaint

They will Send Letter to VZW

And you Will Recieve a Call from Top Brass at VZW

This is not a joke It Does get there Attention

This was From User NRR You can Look them up on this Forum

and PM them if you have any?

This Message was to me after they Did This

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess who called me today? An exec from upper management at Verizon wanting to discuss my complaint that they received from the SD Attorney General. After all was said, I ended up getting reimbursed from my battery/cover for the Droix X2 I just received. Also got them to credit us a full month's service for my phone & my husband's phone (both were fascinates). I probably should've asked for the moon, but was just thrilled (and honestly shocked) that they even contacted me! My call was also recorded so I had to use my big grown up words and not raise my voice! :smileyvery-happy:Just wanted you to know....I imagine that you may get a call also?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Likes
ilikefood

I had already filed a BBB complaint a few days ago, though it takes a couple of weeks for them to even look at the application

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

ilikefood wrote:

I had already filed a BBB complaint a few days ago, though it takes a couple of weeks for them to even look at the application

Att General Has alot more teeth in there Bite

0 Likes
ilikefood

Going for the throat is not always the answer

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

ilikefood wrote:

Going for the throat is not always the answer

I know that I did not do the att genral thing

I am happy with my fascinate and didn't want a replacement Phone

I wanted it working and mine now is

I have no Complaints with Phone or Software Now

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

ilikefood wrote:

Sorry to tell you that people believe BBB has more power than they actually have, they will basically do a basic investigation by contacting the company  and ask a few questions and if all is clearified most claims dont go much futher....  

Besides you have to be able to identify the nature of the issue and this can be from to many veriables, the OS, the installed 3rd party app and simple user error...  You notice that Verizon isnt in this list because they supply the phone only and carries a small amount of the liabilty for a bad software update.

0 Likes