EMAIL SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK - LOOK HERE FOR MESSAGE FROM SAMSUNG:
cjcnyc

I am now on my second device with the Fascinate and have spent more than 14 hours on the phone with Verizon tech support and in-store attempting at resolution with emails not pushing to the device (specifically IMAP and POP3).  The phone was not ready for its release and Samsung is the problem.  Another 4 hours with Samsung's 'level 3' (supposedly their most advance support team) and 2 emails later, I received this email is from today (the vagueness is maddening):

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. As for what is listed on the forums I cannot guarantee nor confirm that we are coming out with an update what I can is that the issue that you are having with the phone is being investigated by our development team. I am hoping that what might have been leaked to the forums is what our developers are currently investigating and are the measures that they will be taking to resolve your issue but I cannot say for sure that there is an update coming being that I have not yet been told anything except that they were looking into your issue.

As for issues that have happened in the past I would say that we would be trying to resolve them.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: EMAIL SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK - LOOK HERE FOR MESSAGE FROM SAMSUNG:
sparky1934

The email problem is not new and it appears no one knows how to fix it.  Every day my phone goes through extended periods of not receiving emails.  Only fix is to take out the battery and restart the thing.  Refresh button does not get emails when email is not receiving.  I too mave been referred to their supposedly multi-tiered levels of technical support which I think is just transferred to another person since I get the same answers.  Verizon should replace all these phones for something that works...I missed the 30 day free turn back option hoping they would get the email problem fixed.  The only thing fascinating about this phone is the amount of time it is taking to resolve problems.  

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Honestly, unless you use gmail or Exchange, the Fascinate probably isn't the best choice for anyone that wants consistent email performance from other providers at the current time.  An update may or may not fix the issue as non-gmail/exchange accounts are quirky at best across the Android platform.  Doesn't help those past their 30 days but may be helpful for those considering purchasing an Android phone or are within their WFG.  For those stuck with the phone, some have reported slightly better success with K9 mail from the market.

0 Likes
mikeinaz

Was able to get a work around for this problem.  I installed an app, K9 Mail, and it works.  All levels of VZW and Samsung tech support are totally ineffective on this problem.  This solution, which seems absurd to have to do for a phone of this sophistication, allows me to retrieve multiple email accounts without any problems.  If you decide to use this app, I would suggest that your delete your email accounts on the built in email program.   Hope this helps.

0 Likes