EXCHANGE SERVER 2010
belowme

The active sync corporate policy on our exchange server is set to  lock the handsets after 1 hr and to use a 6 character password..  

However, the samsung fasinate locks using the corporate policy when the screen goes to sleep, and i must enter the password after 1min.( the time i set the phone to sleep after x minutes of inactivity). 

I have a swipe pattern which only works when I remove the corporate mail from the fasinate.

Oh - Side NOTE-  WHy the {word filter avoidance}
does verizon put such useless crap on the phone, and why can't i remove it.  VZ navigator, V Cast, .....   and how about ......  BING........ what usless marketing person thought,    hmmmmmm  ..lets put BING on a google phone.....  

0 Likes
Re: EXCHANGE SERVER 2010
moates
Contributor - Level 3

This is a known issue and we will be sure to pass along any additional information as we get it.

0 Likes
Re: EXCHANGE SERVER 2010
brianmeek2

I can only comiserate on the Verizon bloatware, but with a similar exchange security policy at my company, I chose to purchase the "TouchDown with Exchange ActiveSync" app via the Android market.  The publisher is www.nitrodesk.com.

This is a really full-featured Outlook-like mobile email/calendar/contact etc application that implements the Exchange security policies independently of the phone.  In effect, you delete the "Corporate Email" contact sync account and let TouchDown keep your outlook contacts and email synced to your Exchange server...  You're then challenged for your Exchange PIN when you start TouchDown, but not when you start the phone (or everytime you unlock it).  If you leave TouchDown running, you're not challenged everytime you switch to it, and perhaps only at the interval specified in your corp policy (I haven't looked into this nuance).

Anyway, the UI to TouchDown is a bit clunky (IMHO), but I suppose it got that way as it has nearly every feature that Outlook does...  It's expensive at $19.95 - but there's a 30-day free trial (no ability to edit the default signature is the only limitation), and perhaps you can expense the Jackson :-). 

0 Likes