Early Upgrade for Fascinate Owners
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
Since so many of us are having difficulty with our fascinate phones, and some of Verizon users have been able to exchange their phone for another phone, you would hope Verizon would at least provide the current fascinate users with a one time option of an early upgrade for those who are ineligible at this time for an upgrade. What Say you Verizon!!!!!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Early Upgrade for Fascinate Owners
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

randallg wrote:

Unfortunately, it will never happen.  Verizon  truly doesn't care about it's customers....we are merely a source of monthly income in their wireless empire.  I have been with V for 15 years and I have never..I repeat never received any competent assistance with any problems I have had with ANY phone...just do what I am going to do when the iPhone 5 comes out in the Fall...head down and just buy the iPhone 5.  I'm saving $50 per month in a separate bank account so that I can just hand them cash and walk out with the iPhone...should havve bought that in the first place.  Good luck and keep smiling...

Thank you for your feedback randallg. In addressing your post, we respect your response and appreciate your loyalty. However, in 15 years many phones have changed, technology developed over the years to make the needed improvements to help better communication. The issue with the device is being addressed on a case by case basis when the customer contacts us directly for assistance. We provided the option to some customers to replace their Fascinate with a different device after discussion. Also, we have been working with the Samsung to address these concerns. Lastly, I extend to you my personal care to assist you further. Please send me a to send me a private message if you want me to address any further concerns or any device issues.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

nickjr wrote:
Since so many of us are having difficulty with our fascinate phones, and some of Verizon users have been able to exchange their phone for another phone, you would hope Verizon would at least provide the current fascinate users with a one time option of an early upgrade for those who are ineligible at this time for an upgrade. What Say you Verizon!!!!!

Never happen.  I remember when some of us bought the Storm 1 after being told by VZW it was going to blow away the Iphone and it was pretty much a failure.  The Storm 2 came out while most were still under contract and Verizon wouldn't budge on early upgrades.

Bottom line is like all companies, we got your money sorry for your luck.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

nope, sorry, never happen

how many threads like this have there been for free phones?

how many times has it ever been done?

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

mdram4x4 wrote:

nope, sorry, never happen

how many threads like this have there been for free phones?

how many times has it ever been done?

I am not asking for a FREE phone, only the ability to upgrade and at upgrade price since I am not elegible at this time for an upgrade. Verizon in the past has offered early upgrade for those on 2 year contracts and suspended this service early 2011
0 Likes
redskinredtaco

I am randomly not recieving phone calls. Called tech support and they did a factory reset. the next day the same thing happened. Called tech support and they sent me a new phone(Same {word filter avoidance} fascinate). It just happened again. Called tech support. **bleep** wanted to to a reset again. I told them I only had like 4 extra apps installed and wasnt going to play this game. I want a new phone or out of my contract. I've been with VZW for over 8 years, This is the **bleep** the offered me 1) send me another POS Fascinate 2) give me a $50 credit and let me pick another phone 3) send me a droid X free. What kind of **bleep** is that. My phone is less than 8 months old. I think we need to join together and get a class action lawsuit going. ANy takers? Paul ......

0 Likes
TimSnyder

My options were another CPO Fascinate or the Droid X as a replacment. I took the Droid X. No regrets! Awesome phone, get my calls and texts, and factory Gingerbread. If they are offering, take it IMO. An early upgrade will NOT happen.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

TimSnyder wrote:

My options were another CPO Fascinate or the Droid X as a replacment. I took the Droid X. No regrets! Awesome phone, get my calls and texts, and factory Gingerbread. If they are offering, take it IMO. An early upgrade will NOT happen.

The X is a good phone and a better deal for them.  It is a third generation device.  The 2 is out and the 3 has already surfaced on the web.  And chances are it is a refurb like the Fascinate they try to pawn off on you.

Refurbs are refurbs for a reason...................

0 Likes
NRR

Count us in on the class action suit.  We're on the phone with them again and that is exactly what I'm telling them.  They are passing the buck to Samsung and I keep going back to the fact that we are paying VERIZON and NOT Samsung for service that we are no longer receiving since the last OS update! 

0 Likes
thornbe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Based on the issues that Fascinate users are experiencing, it looks like there could be a common cause.  Dropped/not received calls, slow network performance, lost network connectivity and poor battery life could all be linked back to the radio/antenna.  I have also seen threads stating that the antenna in the Fascinate is of a poor design.  If this can be proven, then there might be a legal recourse for the Fascinate owners.

Turn off 3G data and the phone's battery life improves dramatically.  Turn on Wifi, connect to an AP and again, the battery life improves dramatically.  Stand next to another Verizon Wireless user with another manufacture's phone and the notice the difference in cell strength between the two phones.  The Fascinate usually will have less or no "Bars".

If this can be attributed to a "design flaw", then it should fall under electronics lemon laws.

- Tim

0 Likes
tarheels38
Enthusiast - Level 2

tim,

i never thought of what you said until it dawned on me! sounds like vzw knows the flaws,etc,but wont do the right thing,ex.fess up and say,yea,its the antenna,etc,we are going to refund,exchange,upgrade at no cost to you.they are too worried about the almighty dollar! count me in.....i had even thought about buying the stupid network extender for 250.00.but i aint.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes