Edit?Update contact info
TomSHouston

OK, there's likely something REALLY basic I'm missing, but I can't edit or update contact info.  What am I not doing?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Edit?Update contact info
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your feedback. In reaching out to you, we hope you were able to have the issue addressed as stated in your posted reply. We also wish to provide this additional information in case your still needing assistance. Please try the steps below to edit your contacts. 

Updating Contacts/Make changes to update an existing contact:

1. From the Home screen, touch Contacts.

2. Touch a contact to view its information, then touch, Menu , Edit  or Touch and hold on a contact, then select Edit from the popup menu.

3. Continue entering contact information.

For more information, see “Creating Contacts” on page 42 of the user Manuel that can be accessed online at the following link:

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

TomSHouston wrote:

OK, there's likely something REALLY basic I'm missing, but I can't edit or update contact info.  What am I not doing?

Open the contact you want to edit, click on menu, that edit
0 Likes
TomSHouston

Tried that.  Doesn't do anything.  I "feel" the button, but the screen doesn't change.  Thanks for replying

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

TomSHouston wrote:

Tried that.  Doesn't do anything.  I "feel" the button, but the screen doesn't change.  Thanks for replying

Remove the battery, press on the vol. up button for 10 seconds, replace the battery after 5 minutes, then try again.
0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

TomSHouston wrote:

By chance is that contact linked to facebook; if so I've seen that issue before and I can't recall off the top of my head now how to fix it..
0 Likes
TomSHouston

Nope.  Thanks for replying.

0 Likes
TomSHouston

Well, I'm going to be like next door to the VZW shop tomorrow morning.  I'll let them deal with the issue.  That's what had to be done the day after I got the phone.  Thanks for replying. 

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your feedback. In reaching out to you, we hope you were able to have the issue addressed as stated in your posted reply. We also wish to provide this additional information in case your still needing assistance. Please try the steps below to edit your contacts. 

Updating Contacts/Make changes to update an existing contact:

1. From the Home screen, touch Contacts.

2. Touch a contact to view its information, then touch, Menu , Edit  or Touch and hold on a contact, then select Edit from the popup menu.

3. Continue entering contact information.

For more information, see “Creating Contacts” on page 42 of the user Manuel that can be accessed online at the following link:

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html  

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

TomSHouston wrote:

You might have to delete that contact and then renter the info. If this is happening with all your contacts then you have a serious issue
0 Likes