Email App
mvail61

I keep getting an error message (The application Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again).  This is my first smart phone and I'm pretty technologically challenged.  What do I need to do to get this fixed?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Email App
Soulchaser
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you using gmail...or another email provider?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Believe .email would be the default email app.  You can try clearing data for the email client by going into settings-applications-manage applications and choosing the All tab up top.  Then scroll down to Email and hit Clear Data.  That will completely wipe out everything in the email app and you'll need to set it up again though. 

0 Likes
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2
Save yourself the headache and download/use the app k-9 mail. It's free and works great!
0 Likes
RalphT
Contributor - Level 3

Thank everyone in the community for responding.  Here is another fix I found online that might help with the the error: (The application Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again).

Click the Menu button and select "Filter"

Select "Running"
Scroll down to the "Email" application. Select "Clear Data"

Thank You 

0 Likes
jlk_250

I never got the stock email application to work properly.  I tried K9 and found that it didn't work properly.   Then I tried Maildroid and found that it didn't work properly.  I bounced back and forth between the two and wrote each developer.  They are both buggy, but IMO K9 sucks the least and is what I am using.

Note that I have a Hotmail account that uses POP.  Gmail uses IMAP and it is much better than POP.     No doubt most of the trouble I have with K9 is related to the POP protocol and wouldn't be a problem if I had an email account that uses IMAP. 

0 Likes