Re: Email deleted from server not deleting from Samsung 6 after Marshmallow update today
BadGrandpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Carmen…uh, GoDaddy and TimeWarner Cable are not exactly small time operations…they’d just laugh if we told them to update their servers…they patch them regularly.

Have already tried the factory reset route…made no difference whatsoever.

0 Likes
Re: Email deleted from server not deleting from Samsung 6 after Marshmallow update today
Jmcems
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue with the Verizon server. Really wish they would get a fix

0 Likes
EdwinHoltInsurance
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the very same issue. Ever since the update, when I delete an email on my phone, it does not delete it on the server so it shows back up. If I delete in Outlook, it will delete on server and my phone. Sending and receiving emails work fine. The only issue is deleting emails on phone does not send to server to delete it there so it shows back up on my phone. I have tried all of the steps too. Very disappointed that they do not have a solution and this has dragged out so long. The issue is definitely with the update, not the servers. Verizon needs to make this a priority with some urgency.

0 Likes
AtomBomber
Enthusiast - Level 1

I see no luck yet.  I noticed same thing here.  Worked fine before the Marshmallow update.  I have GoDaddy and only have pop3 email access with my account.

Please respond when a fix is found.

0 Likes
BadGrandpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Will be talking to real live software engineers at Samsung shortly…methinks it is an issue with Samsung email, and they seem inclined to agree…once I know more, will post it to the forum

0 Likes
EdwinHoltInsurance
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hope they are able to provide you a solution. The issue is Definitely, 100% an issue with the new software update. I had no issues at all with my email and right after my phone updated with the new software, my deleted emails would no longer delete on my server and keep showing back up on my phone. Mine is set up as IMAP and all of the setting are identical to what I had before. Even tried deleting and adding back the account, factory reset and all of the other suggestions. I am very confident that they are going to have to write a patch software update to fix the issue. I don't think it will be fixed in any setting on the phone, on the email program or our email servers. I look forward to hearing your update after you talk to them. I get 100's of emails everyday so it is very frustrating to only be able to delete emails when I am on my computer and not be able to do it on my phone now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to hear about the email issue, EdwinHoltInsurance. Software updates should be making the phone run better not worse. Let’s get this fixed once and for all. Can you please share details about the steps you have already taken so far? Do you have another email account other then Outlook to test? If so, what was the results from your testing?

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
BadGrandpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Edwin…talked to Samsung…mostly got buck passing and blunt force suggestions like do a factory reset…which I’d done twice already to no effect…when the last “tech”…and I use the term very very loosely…gave up trying to uh act like they were a tech…was told I was being escalated to level something or other…and ended up being on hold for 45 minutes before I had to leave for a meeting…going to give them another call in the next few days to see if all they have finally figured out there is a problem, much less come up with a solution…

To be fair, several times in the past Samsung’s people have been very knowledgeable and helpful…as have Verizon’s…it’s a pain dealing with this sync deletion issue but since there are other people dealing with much bigger problems, can’t really justify arguing it should be Verizon or Samsung’s first priority...at the end of the day, there is the end of the day for these poor folks that are swamped with solving all these issues related to a major update

cahillsr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same problem. Gmail app still working

0 Likes
EdwinHoltInsurance
Enthusiast - Level 2

I explained all of the steps I took in my earlier comment. I tried everything you suggested and more. I tried setting up a 2nd email address and same exact issue. I spent several hours with my website/email host and they could not resolve the issue. If the update was poorly designed where all of these email hosts would have to then update their software, that is not a very good update because it causes more issues, time and unhappy customers. This is definitely an issue that was caused/triggered by the android software update so it needs to be updated again so that it is compatible with all of the email servers, not cause them to have to update their software and inconvenience the customer. Thanks for your time and attention to this. I know we all really appreciate your efforts and care!