Email is getting deleted from my phone (not by me) Samsung fascinate
lswim

Email messages will not stay in my inbox and I am not deleting them.  When I hit the load more messages button, it looks like the phone is searching the network for messages but nothing happens.  I should have over 20 mesaages from over the past few days on my phone but they are all gone..  The messages are not in any other folder and I have the setting "confirm delete" set on my phone.

I was on the phone for over 1 hour yesterday with technical support and they have no clue why this is happening.  We went through every setting and reinstalled email but nothing is working.  I cannot handle another 1 hour phone call with tech support again since I actually have to work for a living and raise a family.  Does this phone just stink or am I doing something wrong?  The support guy suggested that my email provider RCN, was to blame. Of course that would absolve Verizon of all of this.

0 Likes
Re: Email is getting deleted from my phone (not by me) Samsung fascinate
Wildman
Legend

Did you check the number of days the client is set to retrieve, try looking to see if this option is under the email client / menu / Settings / Send and Recieve options.

0 Likes
lswim

Under "incoming server settings", I have "never" for "Delete email from server".

There does not appear to be any relevant tabs under "outgoing server settings".

Any other suggestions?  I am signed up for a class next week for the Fascinate to help me use my phone better.  I am not a tech person but I did not think I was technically pathetic either.

0 Likes
Aftershock
If you access your email using a mail program that downloads your messages from the server and then removes them from the server the messages disappear from the phone.
I figured this out when I access my mail on my PC. I use Thunderbird and have it set to remove the downloaded emails from the mail server.
0 Likes