Email still doesnt work
sparky1934

Wait and wait for an upgrade.  Finally get it and it didnt fix the email problem.  Back to K-9 mail.  This phone has the worst support of any I have had and I've been a customer since 92.  Started out when it was Airtouch.  All we see now is the iPhone is coming....hurry and get on the list. 

0 Likes
Re: Email still doesnt work
scanrman
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one experiencing the same email problems after the update. Still trying to figure out what was actually updated other than some gps fix. No flash, obvious email push problems, and now it seems my swype is less predictable and more prone to errors. I think they pushed out an update to shut us up for a while, but it appears they maybe created more issues now.
0 Likes
RunSilent23
Contributor - Level 1

Coming from the Blackberry Storm, I was disappointed in push email on the Fascinate.  The exceptions to this were Gmail and Exchange, which work awesomely.  My personal Hotmail accounts, however, would rarely come in on time.  Despite having set my email check frequency to every 5 minutes, I would see them come in all at once with some of them several hours old.  I started migrating all of my critical email to Gmail to compensate.  

After the DL09 update, I noticed a significant improvement in push email delivery.  I couldn't believe the number of alerts I was receiving compared to the day before.  Is it as good as my old Storm?, Probably not, but better than before.

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

My email works just fine except the alert on screen doesnt show I have mail now so I just have to check.

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

Runsilent what does push email mean? Thanks

0 Likes
RunSilent23
Contributor - Level 1

bigfrank69 wrote:

Runsilent what does push email mean? Thanks

You're dating me a little bit here.  Push email refers to the method of how email is received in your smartphone's inbox from your ISP without the user having to do anything like hitting a SEND AND RECEIVE button.  In the not so distant past, Blackberry did this with ease while other OS's were playing catchup.  My experience with Android is that they still are.

0 Likes