Email syncing/new notifications
Emms182

I added my hotmail account to my "email" app and have it set to sync every 15 mins but when I get a new email, I do not get a notificication in my notification bar, even though I DO have that option set in my settings.  I often have to manually refresh.

Anyone else having this problem.  Can this be fixed with the new 2.2 update?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Email syncing/new notifications
AmyM
Im having the same issue....sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't
0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Hello! This is Noah with Verizon Wireless, I hope you are having a great day. I would be happy to address your post today.

First lets make sure the phone is updated.

From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch About Phone
Touch System Updates

Once you verify that the phone is updated, then could I get you to do a soft reset on the device, by powering the phone off and removing and replacing the battery, then powering that phone on. Then dialing *228 send and option 2 on that phone to update the PRL.

Check the email settings and make sure notifications are enabled.

From a home screen, select Applications.

Select Email.

From the Email account screen, select and hold the email account.

To return to the Email account screen select Menu > Accounts.

Select Email notifications to enable.

Enabled when a green check mark is present.
Select Select ringtone.

Email notifications must be enabled.

Select a ringtone then select OK.

Select Vibrate to enable / disable.

Email notifications must be enabled.

Enabled when a green check mark is present.

Then make sure that you are logged in to the account from the phone.

0 Likes
Genevajo

I also have this exact same problem....I followed Noah's instructions and did a soft restart which worked great for about 4 hours.  I need to be notified when receiving new emails...any other suggestions? Thanks in advance

0 Likes
sparky1934

Not real sure but this may be related with email not being received for extended periods throughout the day (related topic in this and other forums).  When you open your email account it may sync at that time which is why you see emails without notification.  The errors in syncing email is a real problem which needs to be resolved.  I have been on the phone with Verizon and Samsung technical support and no known fix is available.  This makes the phone extremely unreliable particularly when you are not aware you are not receiving email--no error messages are received.  I have gone in several times and hit the refresh button as well as to get more messages option and no messages come in but there are messages that should be there.    Test message will be sent but not received; they will show in the individual email accounts online.  If this doesnt get fixed soon it may be time for me to get rid of this phone...before the 30 day period ends. 

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Make sure that you have the most updated software on the device. 

From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch About Phone
Touch System Updates
If you are using other email applications, you would want to close those applications as they maybe conflicting  with the default email application.  
From the home screen, select Applications.
Select Settings.
Select Applications.
Select Running services.
Select a service.
Select Stop.

You also would want to remove email accounts that are having problems syncing, then re-add them. 

0 Likes
Mever

Noah, no one seems to be listening. We have all tried these various gyrations.

We don't get updates on e-mail unless we manually refresh- the updates DON'T happen as scheduled.

I myself have done every fix in this thread, and my phone is set to update every ten minutes. It doesn't.

0 Likes
sparky1934

This is a problem that really needs to get fixed.  I cannot get email for extended periods and the refresh button does not help.  I have to remove the battery and then it works for a short period.  Nothing they have done has fixed the problem.

0 Likes
Mart

Switched today - Droid X so far e-mail syncs, echo is gone, doesn't answer by itself, no puzzle to fit on open................

I'll follow up but 1st impression- YO man   I get my email now!

0 Likes
Mart

Plus Bing opens by itself all the time and it sucks compared to Google

0 Likes