End of Year and NO FROYO!
mrk1

Verizon has dropped the ball on this one. Stick with AT&T and the Iphone at least when they update the OS everyone gets it. Lesson learned the hard way. Android is a joke and always will be until they solve the update issues. Now to pay 2 Early Termination Fees.Thanks for all of the lies Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: End of Year and NO FROYO!
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Have fun trying to make phone calls.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

mrk1 wrote:

Verizon has dropped the ball on this one. Stick with AT&T and the Iphone at least when they update the OS everyone gets it. Lesson learned the hard way. Android is a joke and always will be until they solve the update issues. Now to pay 2 Early Termination Fees.Thanks for all of the lies Verizon.

FYI The Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S) and the HTC Aria are still waiting for their updates to FroYo on AT&T.  The Motorola Backflip got Android 2.1 from Motorola not AT&T in November or December through a manual download.  That was at least 8 months after the Backflip was released.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mrk1

Yes but even the original Iphone gets updated to the latest OS. Your talking about another android phone.I like the fascinate but it is obvious verizon isn't going to support it. GPS that doesnt work, poor reception, wont update the OS. I had far less dropped calls with my Iphone. My wifes motorola droid has 2.2 and great reception on a old phone.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

mrk1 wrote:

Yes but even the original Iphone gets updated to the latest OS. Your talking about another android phone.I like the fascinate but it is obvious verizon isn't going to support it. GPS that doesnt work, poor reception, wont update the OS. I had far less dropped calls with my Iphone. My wifes motorola droid has 2.2 and great reception on a old phone.

Right, but then you have to use an iPhoney and try to use AT&T's network.  Oh, and good luck getting unlimited data over there.

0 Likes
mrk1

I have fun trying to make calls now. Alot worse than any Iphone I have owned. To be fair two motorola droids in the same house have great reception. Samsung and Verizon released a lemon they wont fix.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

mrk1 wrote:

None of the Galaxy S Phone in the USA have FroYo at this point,  The T-mobile and the Sprint varient are still wating too.  Although the there are rumors that the Sprint Epic 4G might be getting it soon, but there hasn't been any confirmation yet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mrk1

Good point about the data. Just tired of the lies and a phone that doesnt work as advertised. Verizons data isn't really unlimited its 5 gb. Still better than 2 gb.

0 Likes
mrk1

Froyo Has been out for 6 months. Gingerbread has been released on the  samsung nexus s. It shouldn't take that long .Motorola updated even the original droid over 4 months ago. HTC the same storie.

0 Likes
mrk1
0 Likes