Ending calls
MrCofJAx

The most recent update to my note 5  N920VVRS3CQE1 uses a new icon to end/terminate calls. A green phone picture with a curved arrow pointing down and the word "pull" also in green. How the heck do you terminate/end calls using this icon?

0 Likes
Re: Ending calls
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

MrCofJAx,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It's definitely vital to have a way to end your calls. I would expect the same with my device too. I will be happy to help. We have had some reports of this issue and a new software patch will be released to fix this. The work around is to power cycle your device off and back on. Have you tried this?

JuanD_vzw

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MrCofJAx

I have modified my phone option to use the power cycle button to end a call. However, sometime that doesn't work either. So, I have power off my phone or wait till the caller ends the call. Neither of which are convenient solutions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MrCorfjAx -

Modifying your phone option was a clever idea, but I am disappointed to hear it doesn't work every time for you. I can understand why waiting for the other caller to hang up or to power cycle is not always the most convenient, and we want to see this resolved for you as quickly as possible.

In most instances, with software glitches like this a patch has to be released by the manufacturer to repair the issue. Have you checked recently for another update? Settings>Software Update. Alternatively, you could attempt to run the Software Repair Client on your device, as this could be a malfunctioning file that doesn't need a patch to fix. I recommend backing up your phone prior to running to the repair: http://vz.to/2pl1Hts.

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes