Re: Euro Galaxy S getting Gingerbread
Tidbits
Legend

Smokie11 wrote:

I don't tweet, whatever that is. I did not attend the CES. Since it was so simple you could have easily provided a link supporting your statement, instead you call me a troll. My problem is with Verizon not you.

There's already countless posts before the Fascinate coming out to the effect that Samsung themselves stated ALL of their Galaxy S line will get Froyo.  Why do you think majority of the complaints in here is about WHEN more than IF.  As I said before a simple search you would have found that information regardless if you never tweet nor went to the CES.  So how do you know what the Froyo update is, and not know what a tweet is?  Things like that make me feel you are trolling more than actually care about the update.

Believe what you will, but Samsung is the ones that make the device, and Verizon is more like a 3rd party retailer.  Like with Any company out there like HP, Gateway, and the like.  HP acts like they push an update to their devices with their name on it, but they get the update from their barebone providers.  Without those updates HP wouldn't give you an update.

BestBuy for example you buy an Xbox and it was bugged would you bug BestBuy for an update or would you bug Samsung.  As I have pointed out the Fascinate Source Code was released recently, and now it's just a matter of time before you get the update.

You can find the source code HERE

Just navigate to mobile phones and then find your model number and you will see it right there.  That in on itself means that it was worked all that time people been asking if it was worked on or if they will ever get it.  The proof is in the pudding.

0 Likes
Re: Euro Galaxy S getting Gingerbread
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

whoops

http://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy-s-gingerbread-update-temporarily-suspended-google-says-vodafone

Ruh-roh. Here's some bad news for European Galaxy S owners following the triumphant roll-out of the handset's Gingerbread update last weekend. According to Vodafone UK, the update has been "temporarily suspended" by Google due to "an issue".

Vodafone doesn't say exactly what the problem is, but claims that its Galaxy S variant isn't affected by it, and that it's working with Samsung to have the update reinstated. Based on Vodafone's comments, it's looks like all Gingerbread updates for all European Galaxy S phones should be subject to this suspension, though we haven't been able to confirm this yet.

In the meantime, Vodafone has apologized to its customers and says it's "working hard to address the matter with Samsung."

0 Likes